Last Updated on August 1, 2021 by Admin 1
The following configuration is present on a router R1:
Which part of the configuration provides many-to-one access for all devices on the defined segments to share a single IP address upon exiting the external interface?
- ip nat inside
- ip nat outside
- ip nat inside source list 7 serial0 overload
- access-list 7 permit 10.10.10.0 0.0.0.31
access-list 7 permit 10.10.20.0 0.0.0.31
The command ip nat inside source list 7 serial0 overload specifies the following:
- The translation should occur in the interface specified as inside.
- It should only be done for inside IP addresses that are specified in access list number 7.
- The IP address that inside addresses should be translated to belongs to the Serial0 interface.
- The translated IP address should be shared by all, as indicated by the overload keyword.The command ip nat inside identifies the inside interface. In this case, it indicates the one on which translation will take place.The command ip nat outside identifies the outside interface, which can be configured for translation. However, it has not been configured for translation in this scenario.The commands below define the inside IP addresses that are allowed to be translated:access-list 7 permit 10.10.10.0 0.0.0.31
access-list 7 permit 10.10.20.0 0.0.0.31Objective:
Configure and verify IPv4 Network Address Translation (NAT)