Last Updated on March 19, 2022 by Admin 3
PRINCE2 RR : Re-Registration : Part 07
Why would the Project Manager escalate an issue to the Project Board?
- The Project Board is responsible for determining the priority of all issues
- Direction is required on the best response for preventing the issue from occurring
- The issue is forecast to cause a deviation beyond stage tolerance and advice is required
- Escalating issues is a means of providing the Project Board with a regular update on their status
Which of the following are typical core activities within configuration management?
2. Risk assessment
3. Verification and audit
- 1, 2, 3
- 1, 2, 4
- 1, 3 ,4
- 2, 3, 4
Which is a purpose of a Product Description?
- Provide the cost tolerance available for individual products
- Define reporting frequency
- Record the quality checks completed for the End Stage Report
- Document the level of quality required of a product
Which is a purpose of a Project Product Description?
- Records the costs and timescales for delivery of the project’s final product
- Shows the dependencies between the project’s products to aid planning
- Provides a list of all the products to be delivered by the project
- Defines what the project must deliver in order to gain acceptance
How should the Team Manager report that tolerances are forecast to be exceeded?
- Create an Exception Report
- Create a Highlight Report
- Raise an issue
- Grant a concession
Which is a purpose of the Business Case theme?
- Identify which role is responsible for producing the Business Case
- Identify the project’s outputs
- Establish the controls to manage changes that may impact the project benefits
- Establish a viable investment proposition
Which is assumed to be a supplier’s responsibility in the PRINCE2 customer/supplier environment?
- Specify the desired result
- Provide the resources and skills to deliver the desired result
- Pay for the project
- Specify the benefits of the project
Which is a purpose of a Project Brief?
- Capture lessons from previous projects
- Ensure that there is a common understanding of the starting point for the project
- Confirm that the Project Plan is able to deliver the Business Case
- Define the quality techniques and standards to be applied during the project
Who is the key project decision-maker in the project management team?
- Corporate management
- Change Authority
- Project Manager
Which product identifies the management stages and timescales of a project?
- Project Brief
- Project Product Description
- Project Plan
- Initiation Stage Plan
Which statement is FALSE?
- A project outcome perceived to be negative by one or more stakeholders is a dis-benefit
- A project’s output is any of the project’s specialist products
- A project benefit is only realized after the project has closed
- A project outcome is the result of the change derived from using the project’s outputs
Which is a benefit of using PRINCE2?
- Provides a defined structure of accountability, delegation, authority and communication
- Includes techniques for critical path analysis and earned value analysis
- Enables a Project Manager to be accountable for the success of a project
- Prevents any changes once the scope of a project has been agreed
During the Managing a Stage Boundary process what product is updated with estimated costs and time for the stage that is about to begin?
- End Stage Report
- Team Plan
- Work Package
- Project Plan
Which is a responsibility of the managing level within the project management team?
- Set project tolerances
- Approve stage completion
- Ensure that the products are produced within the constraints agreed with the Project Board
- Appoint the project management team
Identify the missing word in the following sentence. The purpose of the [?] theme is to identify, assess and control uncertainty.
Which is a purpose of quality planning?
- Define the structure of the project management team
- Detail the acceptance criteria, in order for the Project Board to agree the level of quality expected of the project’s product
- Document approval records for those project products that have met their quality criteria
- Produce the Project Plan with resource and schedule information
Which of the following statements about stakeholders are true?
1. Someone who thinks they will be affected by a project is a stakeholder on that project
2. Stakeholders may be internal or external to the corporate organization
- Only 1 is true
- Only 2 is true
- Both 1 and 2 are true
- Neither 1 or 2 are true
Which is a purpose of the Plans theme?
- Identify, assess and control any potential changes to the baseline
- Establish the project’s structure of accountability
- Assess and control uncertainty
- Understand whether the targets are achievable
Which statement about the Directing a Project process is FALSE?
- Supports the PRINCE2 principle of manage by exception
- Is triggered by a request to initiate a project
- Covers the day-to-day activities of the Project Manager
- Provides a mechanism for the Project Board to assure that there is continued business justification
What process is used by the Project Manager to maintain focus on delivery of a stage’s products within agreed tolerances?
- Directing a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Managing Product Delivery