Last Updated on March 19, 2022 by Admin 2
PMI-PBA : PMI Professional in Business Analysis : Part 09
Prior to the design phase, the project team needs to conduct a requirements review with the customer. To prepare for the review, it would be best for the team to:
- prepare a test procedure for the product to discuss at the requirements review.
- start designing the product to impress the customer with the amount of progress achieved early in the project.
- evaluate the requirements and highlight those that cannot be met or need to be deferred.
- request a contract amendment to delete any requirements from the contract that will be difficult to meet.
A company wants to procure a tool to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty. Which of the following documents would provide basis for analyzing vendor products?
- Business case
- Project charter
A company has completed a major project within time, cost, and scope and satisfied high-level quality standards and marketing requests. However, the product was considered a complete failure by shareholders and the market due to low return on investment.
From the business analysis perspective, the main reason for this business failure was a failure to:
- establish measurable success criteria in the business case.
- gather the appropriate usability requirements.
- set the product positioning.
- review and evaluate market expectations.
When eliciting requirements, a good time to consider using the interviewing method is when:
- attempting to obtain sign-off on requirements form stakeholders.
- there are communication challenges among stakeholders.
- assembling a requirements traceability matrix.
- there is not enough time to gather requirements from many different sources.
A business analyst is attempting to elicit requirements on a current project. The business subject matter experts (SMEs) from various departments in the company question how the solution will work with their various systems.
Which modeling technique should the business analyst use to depict how the solution will work with all of the company’s systems?
- Rules modeling
- Enterprise modeling
- Interface modeling
- Data modeling
The business analyst has been assigned to a project which delivers functionality for a much larger solution. The project has many requirements but has not received adequate funding. In addition, the stakeholders’ views conflict.
Which tools and techniques should the business analyst use to maximize business value while establishing the requirements baseline?
- Decision trees, weighted matrix, and context diagrams.
- Traceability matrix, context diagrams, and scope document.
- Weighted matrix, process flow, and organizational chart
- Stakeholder register, decision tree, and capability matrix
When modeling processes or analyzing tasks, business rules can be uncovered by asking about:
- work that may be performed out of sequence.
- reasons for choosing a particular course of action.
- tasks that overlap with each other.
- task transitions that hinder organizational performance.
The customer generated a design specification for a new product. What is the best action to take to establish an approved requirements baseline with the customer?
- Create a requirements traceability matrix for review and approval by the customer.
- Create a requirements baseline approval form for the customer to review and approve.
- Request that the customer create a baseline of the requirements in the contract specification.
- Perform a variance analysis on the design specification and report the results to the customer.
What can a business analyst use to track requirements documentation?
- Business rules matrix
- Version control system
- Data dictionary
- Affinity diagram
Which tool is the most appropriate to aid in development of measurable and actionable requirements for a new project?
- Entity relationship diagram
- Network diagram
- Activity-on-node diagram
- Use case diagram
A business analyst has started a project for a system enhancement. In order to determine how the requirements will be approved, the business analyst schedules a meeting with the stakeholders to discuss the proposed approval process.
Which measure of effective decision making allows the business analyst to finalize the process for requirement approval?
- The requirements validation process is documented.
- The requirements elicitation process is documented.
- The requirements verification process is documented.
- The requirements approval process is documented.
The business analyst is seriously concerned about the possibility of differing interpretations of data items mentioned in the requirements documents. Which course of action should the business analyst take to minimize the risk of misunderstanding?
- Plan a peer review of the requirements specification.
- Ask the development teams for a formal acceptance of the requirements specification.
- Write a data dictionary that accompanies the requirements specification.
- Hold a workshop with the development teams to explain the details of the requirements specification.
A document is being created that will detail the customer’s needs for a product and will include a functional model, a data model, and a glossary of terms. This document is called a:
- business case.
- requirements specification.
- project charter.
- standard operating manual.
What are some of the components of a requirements management plan?
- Requirements work plan, prioritization process, and traceability matrix template
- Requirements definition, functional and non-functional requirements, and decision-making process
- Requirements definition, requirements attribute template, and traceability matrix template
- Requirements work plan, requirements definition, and traceability matrix template
The requirements traceability matrix should primarily be used to:
- identify the risks associated with dependent requirements.
- address the responsibility owner for each requirement.
- ensure that all requirements have been met.
- define a convention to map the requirements to their sources.
A company is working on implementing a software application. They are converting their complex, in-house processes into the new system. The business analyst has been asked to analyze the processes.
Which technique should be followed?
- Requirements traceability
- Feasibility analysis
- Interface analysis
A company has developed a new product for a customer. The customer provided a specification, but the company did not produce the system requirements in the verification matrix.
The customer is having difficulty determining if the product is meeting the requirements during the test event because the:
- customer did not adequately review the test procedure before the test.
- test engineer is not communicating effectively with the customer.
- requirements in the technical specification are unclear and ambiguous.
- customer cannot make this determination until the entire test is complete.
A business analyst is working on a project to update the user interface for a legacy procurement system. An end user raises concerns that the new solution will not support their core business processes.
How could the business analyst address the end user’s concerns about the new interface?
- Develop a prototype to gather functional requirements.
- Document the business data objects using an entity relationship diagram.
- Consult the stakeholder register to evaluate if the user has authority to influence the project.
- Develop a use case package to support the user interface.
The stakeholders for a newly approved project are subject matter experts who are very knowledgeable in the client’s business and will provide the project requirements. The project team scheduled separate sessions with each subject matter expert to identify and prioritize the requirements.
Which technique is being used?
- Workshop sessions
- Delphi technique
- Idea and mind mapping
An organization is in the process of replacing its current system. The business analyst is charged with ensuring that all current connections to other systems remain functional after the upgrade.
What analysis should the business analyst conduct to facilitate a successful migration?
- User interface