Last Updated on March 19, 2022 by Admin 2
PMI-PBA : PMI Professional in Business Analysis : Part 07
After several meetings with different groups of users, a business analyst has gathered the requirements for a large IT project. Now, the business analyst needs to document those requirements in a way that is clearly understood by the development team and provides enough information to check if the requirement has been met.
Which of the following would work best in this case?
- Flow chart
- User stories
- Functional specifications
After conducting a brainstorming session with a group of project participants, the business analyst feels that the elicited requirements are biased. Which tool or technique could be used to gain an objective, first-handed insight into tasks and activities that are difficult to describe?
- Document analysis
- Traceability matrix
- Questionnaires and surveys
A system enhancement project has been initiated to address the concerns of an external group of stakeholders not included in the first release. What should be done to ensure stakeholder satisfaction with the enhancement?
- Provide all sign-off project documentation to the stakeholders for information purposes only.
- Solicit feedback and add requirements to the project backlog.
- Request that the project manager identify all affected project stakeholders.
- Engage all stakeholders early in the requirements gathering phase to define acceptance criteria.
The quality function deployment is best suited to assist in the process of:
- quality assurance by structuring the quality audits.
- relating the product features to customer value.
- quality control by determining the control charts and the run charts.
- controlling the effects between the quality functions.
A business analyst is working on a project’s acceptance criteria. In an early collaboration with the company’s stakeholders, the business analyst identified several user groups within the company: “Purchaser,” “Shipper,” “Customer,” and “Agent”. The user groups categorize stakeholders with similar needs and create a detailed narrative.
Which technique did the business analyst use for evaluating the solution’s acceptance criteria?
- Job analysis
- Stakeholder analysis
- Persona analysis
- Risk analysis
The test team is reviewing requirements that were written for Project A. They are having difficulty determining if the test results meet the project needs.
Which project artifact could the test team review to help identify acceptance criteria?
- Use cases
- Project scope
- Delphi outcome
- RACI chart
A new project is in the planning phase. What should the business analyst consider with regard to planning the requirements change process?
- How requirement changes will impact the validation plan
- How requirement changes will be implemented
- How requirement changes will impact the requirements baseline
- How requirement changes will be communicated
The business analyst has been assigned to a project involving a low number of stakeholders. Which technique should be used to elicit requirements?
- Interface analysis
- Document analysis
The project team is working on the requirements specifications for a new product. The team reached a decision on which requirements will be included in the next release. A third of the stakeholders endorse one approach while no other approach achieved more than a quarter of the vote.
Which decision role was used?
After analyzing a set of requirements documents, it is determined that the requirements are not yet ready for peer review. This was most likely caused by:
- some requirements having not yet been discussed in a work group session.
- the requirements documents having not yet received sign-off from the sponsor.
- the requirements not providing all of the information needed to define the work.
- the requirements’ reference codes not tracing to the attribute numbers in the work breakdown structure.
A business analyst is assigned to a business process re-engineering project. In addition to planning a workshop to elicit requirements, the business analyst wants to send out a survey to gather data to use in a statistical analysis on user satisfaction with the current business process.
Which of the following types of surveys would be most appropriate to create and why?
- An open-ended survey to allow users the opportunity to explain their opinions on the current business process
- A closed-ended survey to pose several multiple choice questions and ask the users if the current business process is correct
- A closed-ended survey using the Likert scale to rank specific areas of the current business process
- An open-ended survey to collect different opinions on the current business process
The business analyst is in the process of implementing a solution for a customer. The team is having difficulty confirming if certain requirements have been met.
What could have caused this issue?
- Not all stakeholders were involved during requirements elicitation.
- The test engineer has not properly communicated requirements to the team.
- Requirements were not adequately reviewed with the project sponsor.
- Acceptance criteria for the requirements were not measurable.
Which of the following techniques is used to identify ambiguous or unverifiable requirements?
- Traceability matrix
- Resource checklist
- Fishbone analysis
- Team peer review
Company A has been awarded a contract to finalize the development of a product that Company B was not able to finish. The business analyst is given a copy of the documentation left by Company B.
To which of the following documents should the business analyst pay the most attention to ensure the project succeeds this time?
- Application design documentation
- Business use cases
- Test case documentation
- Clauses in the contract
When managing a product backlog, which statement best describes how to determine the value of backlog items?
- The stakeholders provide recommendations with the product owner having the final say.
- The stakeholders follow the value-ranking criteria.
- The stakeholders provide input about backlog value when the item is first identified.
- The stakeholders do not typically play a major role.
A business analyst created requirements for production of a product extract file for several systems. After reviewing the complex systems and dividing the processes into manageable tasks, the business analyst is able to identify the tasks required to implement the deliverable.
Which analysis technique has the business analyst used?
Which tool can be used to analyze how the system responds to various combinations of input conditions with the probability of each outcome?
- Weighted criteria
- Functional decomposition
- Decision tree
- Expected monetary value
A project team has been assembled to streamline accounts payable processes in all divisions of the company. As part of the planning activities, the business analyst is working to identify stakeholders.
Which of the following techniques would the business analyst use to identify stakeholders?
- State diagram
A company is developing a new risk management system. The company expects the system to evolve in the near future due to changing government regulations.
Which approach will better cope with the requirements’ volatility?
- Phased baselining
- Comparative analysis
A business analyst has been assigned to a project that will design and build two new bridges and, at the same time, redesign a failing bridge for a local structural engineering company. All three bridges must be constructed and meet all safety requirements before flood season next spring.
How would the business analyst define the scope of this project?
- Perform a work breakdown structure.
- Perform a feasibility study.
- Perform a structured walkthrough.
- Perform process modeling.