Last Updated on March 27, 2022 by Admin 2
CAPM : Certified Associate in Project Management (PMI-100) : Part 42
Which action should the project manager take after the team finishes executing the scope?
- Verify the deliverables to ensure that they are correct and meet the customer’s satisfaction
- Accept all the deliverables and deliver them to the customer for final acceptance
- Conduct a joint session with the customer, change the deliverables, and then request approval
- Check that all change requests were implemented and release deliverables to the customer
Which tools and techniques will a project manager use to develop a project charter?
- Project manager experience, expert judgment, scope statement, and meetings
- Lessons learned database, interpersonal and team skills, cost baseline, and meetings
- Expert judgment, data gathering, scope statement, schedule baseline, and meetings
- Expert judgment, data gathering, interpersonal and team skills, and meetings
The project manager needs to manage a critical issue immediately, and this requires action from the upper management of a specific stakeholder group. Which plan should the project manager consult?
- Risk management plan
- Communications management plan
- Change management plan
- Stakeholder engagement plan
Which statement describes the Monitor Communications process?
- Evaluates the differences between the communications management plan and the reality of communications in a project
- Ensures that the information needs of the project and the stakeholders are met
- Ensures that project information is created, collected, and distributed in a timely and appropriate manner
- Develops an appropriate and plan for communication of project activities
Which kind of communication should the project manager use when creating reports for government bodies?
How can a project manager maintain the engagement of stakeholders in a project with a high degree of change?
- Monitor project stakeholder relationships using engaging strategies and plans
- Send all project documents to stakeholders each time they are modified
- Schedule monthly meetings with the stakeholders, including team members
- Engage only with the project sponsors
The project manager implemented the stakeholder engagement plan and realized that some updates should be made. Which components of the project management plan should be modified?
- Project charter and stakeholder engagement plan
- Risk management plan and stakeholder engagement plan
- Communications management plan and stakeholder engagement plan
- Project charter and communications management plan
If a project manager effectively manages project knowledge, a key benefit is that:
- all stakeholders have access to the same information
- the project team is able to understand the project status
- project stakeholders have a clear picture of the project
- new knowledge is added to organizational process assets
Which project documents can determine the budget?
- Procurement documents, contracts, requirements documentation, and basis of estimates
- Basis of estimates, cost estimates, project schedule, and risk register
- Business case, project charter, statement of work, and cost estimates
- Scope baseline, resource management plan, activity list, and assumption log
Which conflict resolution technique is based on bringing some degree of satisfaction to all parties?
- Collaborate/Problem Solve
What are the four management processes included in the Project Cost Management (PCM) method?
- Plan Cost Management, Estimate Costs, Determine Budget, Control Costs
- Control Costs, Project Cost Management, Determine Budget, Estimate Costs
- Estimate Activities, Control Costs, Project Cost Management, Determine Budget
- Control Quality, Project Cost Management, Estimate Costs, Determine Budget
The activity of tailoring is necessary because:
- The members of the project team need to select the appropriate order of every tool, technique, input, and output listed in the PMBOK Guide; this is required for all projects.
- Each project is unique, and the members of the project team should select the appropriate tools, techniques, inputs, and outputs from the PMBOK Guide.
- The members of the project team need to understand the PMBOK Guide processes, which are applied to all projects.
- Each project is unique, and the project team must plan how to apply all the tools, techniques, inputs, and outputs in the PMBOK Guide.
Which are the competing constraints that a project manager should address when tailoring a project?
- Cost, scope, schedule
- Sponsorship, risk, quality
- Schedule, sponsorship, scope
- Resources, quality, communication
Tailoring is necessary because each project is unique; not every process, tool, technique, input, or output identified in the PMBoK® Guide is required on every project. Tailoring should address the competing constraints of scope, schedule, cost, resources, quality, and risk. In addition, consideration of whether the customer of the project is internal or external to the organization may affect project management tailoring decisions. Sound project management methodologies take into account the unique nature of projects and allow tailoring, to some extent, by the project manager. However, the tailoring that is included in the methodology may still require additional tailoring for a given project. And that brings us to the end of Tailoring.
Given the following information:
– Activity A takes one week.
– Activity B takes three weeks.
– Activity C takes two weeks.
– Activity D takes five weeks.
– Activity A starts at the same time as Activity B.
– Activity C follows Activity B and Activity A.
– Activity D follows Activity C.
How long will it take to complete the project?
- 8 weeks
- 9 weeks
- 10 weeks
- 11 weeks
The project team is using their current information, abilities, and experience to achieve project objectives; the team is also developing new experiences, and the project manager is ensuring that the team is documenting new learnings in order to contribute to organizational knowledge.
In which process is the project team and project manager involved?
- Direct and manage project work
- Manage project knowledge
- Develop team
- Manage team
Which of the following set of elements is part of an effective communications management plan?
- Escalation processes, person responsible for communicating the information, glossary of common terminology, methods or technologies used to convey the information.
- Phone book directory, stakeholder communication requirements, project charter, glossary of common terminology.
- Organizational chart, escalation processes, person responsible for communicating the information, project management plan, glossary of common terminology.
- Glossary of common terminology, constraints derived from specific legislation and regulation, person responsible for communicating information, project management plan, resource management plan.
Two members of the team are having a conflict. The project manager decides that, in this case, the best solution is to bring some degree of satisfaction to all parties in order to temporarily or partially resolve the problem.
Which technique should the project manager use?
- Collaborate/Problem Solve
Which is the order of steps in the Procurement Management process?
- Identifying and planning procurement requirements, obtaining quotes or proposals, negotiating with vendors, contracting with selected vendors, and controlling procurements.
- Identifying and planning procurement requirements, negotiating with vendors, contracting with selected vendors, obtaining quotes or proposals, and controlling procurements.
- Controlling procurements, identifying and planning procurement requirements, obtaining quotes or proposals, negotiating with vendors, and contracting with selected vendors.
- Obtaining quotes or proposals, identifying and planning procurement requirements, negotiating with vendors, contracting with selected vendors, and controlling procurements.
After defining activities in project schedule management, which processes should a project manager follow?
- Sequence Activities and Estimate Activity Durations
- Estimate Activity Durations and Control Schedule
- Develop Schedule and Control Schedule
- Review Activities and Develop Schedule
Which is an example of analogous estimating?
- Estimates are created by individuals or groups with specialized knowledge
- Estimates are created by using information about resources of previous similar projects
- Estimates are created by analyzing data
- Estimates are created at the task level and aggregated upwards