Last Updated on July 23, 2021 by Admin 1
312-39 : Certified SOC Analyst : Part 01
Bonney’s system has been compromised by a gruesome malware.
What is the primary step that is advisable to Bonney in order to contain the malware incident from spreading?
- Complaint to police in a formal way regarding the incident
- Turn off the infected machine
- Leave it to the network administrators to handle
- Call the legal department in the organization and inform about the incident
According to the forensics investigation process, what is the next step carried out right after collecting the evidence?
- Create a Chain of Custody Document
- Send it to the nearby police station
- Set a Forensic lab
- Call Organizational Disciplinary Team
Which one of the following is the correct flow for Setting Up a Computer Forensics Lab?
- Planning and budgeting –> Physical location and structural design considerations –> Work area considerations –> Human resource considerations –> Physical security recommendations –> Forensics lab licensing
- Planning and budgeting –> Physical location and structural design considerations–> Forensics lab licensing –> Human resource considerations –> Work area considerations –> Physical security recommendations
- Planning and budgeting –> Forensics lab licensing –> Physical location and structural design considerations –> Work area considerations –> Physical security recommendations –> Human resource considerations
- Planning and budgeting –> Physical location and structural design considerations –> Forensics lab licensing –>Work area considerations –> Human resource considerations –> Physical security recommendations
Which of the following directory will contain logs related to printer access?
- /var/log/cups/Printer_log file
- /var/log/cups/access_log file
- /var/log/cups/accesslog file
- /var/log/cups/Printeraccess_log file
Which of the following command is used to enable logging in iptables?
- $ iptables -B INPUT -j LOG
- $ iptables -A OUTPUT -j LOG
- $ iptables -A INPUT -j LOG
- $ iptables -B OUTPUT -j LOG
Ray is a SOC analyst in a company named Queens Tech. One Day, Queens Tech is affected by a DoS/DDoS attack. For the containment of this incident, Ray and his team are trying to provide additional bandwidth to the network devices and increasing the capacity of the servers.
What is Ray and his team doing?
- Blocking the Attacks
- Diverting the Traffic
- Degrading the services
- Absorbing the Attack
Identify the attack when an attacker by several trial and error can read the contents of a password file present in the restricted etc folder just by manipulating the URL in the browser as shown:
- Directory Traversal Attack
- SQL Injection Attack
- Denial-of-Service Attack
- Form Tampering Attack
Which encoding replaces unusual ASCII characters with “%” followed by the character’s two-digit ASCII code expressed in hexadecimal?
- Unicode Encoding
- UTF Encoding
- Base64 Encoding
- URL Encoding
Which of the following formula represents the risk?
- Risk = Likelihood × Severity × Asset Value
- Risk = Likelihood × Consequence × Severity
- Risk = Likelihood × Impact × Severity
- Risk = Likelihood × Impact × Asset Value
The Syslog message severity levels are labelled from level 0 to level 7.
What does level 0 indicate?
Where will you find the reputation IP database, if you want to monitor traffic from known bad IP reputation using OSSIM SIEM?
According to the Risk Matrix table, what will be the risk level when the probability of an attack is very low and the impact of that attack is major?
Which of the following command is used to view iptables logs on Ubuntu and Debian distributions?
- $ tailf /var/log/sys/kern.log
- $ tailf /var/log/kern.log
- # tailf /var/log/messages
- # tailf /var/log/sys/messages
Which of the following technique involves scanning the headers of IP packets leaving a network to make sure that the unauthorized or malicious traffic never leaves the internal network?
- Egress Filtering
- Rate Limiting
- Ingress Filtering
Which of the following formula is used to calculate the EPS of the organization?
- EPS = average number of correlated events / time in seconds
- EPS = number of normalized events / time in seconds
- EPS = number of security events / time in seconds
- EPS = number of correlated events / time in seconds
Juliea a SOC analyst, while monitoring logs, noticed large TXT, NULL payloads.
What does this indicate?
- Concurrent VPN Connections Attempt
- DNS Exfiltration Attempt
- Covering Tracks Attempt
- DHCP Starvation Attempt
An organization is implementing and deploying the SIEM with following capabilities.
What kind of SIEM deployment architecture the organization is planning to implement?
- Cloud, MSSP Managed
- Self-hosted, Jointly Managed
- Self-hosted, Self-Managed
- Self-hosted, MSSP Managed
What is the process of monitoring and capturing all data packets passing through a given network using different tools?
- Network Scanning
- DNS Footprinting
- Network Sniffing
- Port Scanning
Which of the following is a report writing tool that will help incident handlers to generate efficient reports on detected incidents during incident response process?
Which of the following Windows features is used to enable Security Auditing in Windows?
- Windows Firewall
- Local Group Policy Editor
- Windows Defender