Last Updated on July 9, 2021 by Admin 3
PK0-004 : CompTIA Project+ : Part 24
A key stakeholder has communicated a significant project scope change to the project manager. Which of the following actions should the project manager take FIRST?
- Submit a change request to the CCB.
- Implement the change to the project.
- Determine the impact of the requested change.
- Update the schedule to accommodate the change.
A hurricane occurs in an area where several key project resources are located. When reviewing the project dashboard, the project sponsor sees the project is behind schedule and asks the project manager for an explanation. Which of the following documents should the project manager examine NEXT to provide an explanation?
- Meeting minutes
- Issue log
- Project schedule
The supervisor asks an engineer to be a project manager within the department. Of which of the following types of organizational structures is this an example?
A company recently went through a project requiring new equipment, new software, and retraining of personnel. This is MOST likely a result of:
- an internal reorganization.
- a business process change.
- resource allocation.
Tasks A, B, and C have a duration of two days. Task D has a duration of three days, and Task E has duration of four days. Task A starts on Day 1, and Task B starts on Day 2. Task C starts after Task A. Tasks D and E start after Task C. Which of the following is the critical path if Task B starts on Day 3?
- A, C, D
- A, C, E
- A, D, E
- B, C, E
An approved change was implemented. Which of the following should be accomplished NEXT?
- Update the documentation.
- Validate the change.
- Update the project sponsor.
- Validate the impact.
A company just announced all third-party vendors must provide ten cybersecurity resources within six weeks. Which of the following documents should the project manager create LAST?
A company has completed its annual strategic planning session. As a result, several related projects, which will achieve the company’s technological improvement goals, are identified. Which of the following BEST describes these projects?
Which of the following are characteristics of qualitative risk assessments as opposed to quantitative? (Choose two.)
- Qualitative assessments are more difficult.
- Qualitative assessments are faster.
- Qualitative assessments require fewer resources.
- Qualitative assessments provide more accurate results.
- Qualitative assessments better identify opportunities.
The project team has identified all the tasks needed to create project deliverables and grouped them into work packages covering all project scope. Which of the following should be done NEXT?
- Identify task relationships.
- Put the resources on tasks.
- Set the quality gates.
- Estimate the work package.
The project manager is running a project in an organization with a strong PMO and a mature control process. Due to vendor delays, the project is scheduled to exceed the authorized timeline. The project manager has discovered that fast-tracking two tasks will mitigate the issue. Which of the following should the project manager do NEXT?
- Announce the fast track to the project team.
- Modify the schedule
- Initiate a change request.
- Obtain approval.
Which of the following organizational structures uses project team members who are selected from within their department?
- Balanced matrix
- Strong matrix
The government wants to start a project that will launch a satellite but lacks the appropriate SMEs. Which of the following would be BEST to solicit vendors?
A project manager detects low performance from a team member who previously demonstrated to be a highly skilled asset. The team member explains that being part of two teams is too time consuming. This is a disadvantage of having:
- dedicated resources.
- interproject dependencies.
- resource overallocation.
- shared resources.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of a company announced that a demerger operation will be completed in the next nine months. Which of the following BEST describes the organizational change?
- Business relocation
- Business reorganization
- Business split
- Business acquisition
A project sponsor informs the project manager that the project completion date must be moved one month earlier. Which of the following should the project manager do NEXT?
- Recalculate the critical path, determine the new cost, schedule baselines, and initiate the change request process.
- Recalculate the schedule and cost variance, and report the changes to the project stakeholders and sponsor.
- Calculate the cost of crashing the schedule, and obtain the stakeholders’ approval for the new project WBS and timeline.
- Calculate the additional resource requirements that are necessary to meet the new project deadline, and work with human resources to hire additional staff.
An American publisher is participating in a workshop in Hong Kong with the purpose of updating a new book that will be launched in Japan next year. During the workshop, a deep and intense discussion occurs with other local publishers regarding the references the book may contain. Which of the following BEST describes the situation?
- Language barrier
- Personal preference
- Technological factor
- Cultural difference
A project manager wishes to track a project’s performance against the original approved schedule. Which of the following steps is necessary to capture the needed information?
- Determine the critical path.
- Determine the milestones.
- Set phase gates
- Set a baseline.
Which of the following are characteristics of a matrix organization? (Choose three.)
- The project manager has full authority.
- Resources report directly to the functional manager.
- Authority is shared between functional and project managers.
- Resources are assigned from functional area to project.
- There is ad hoc resourcing.
- The organization utilizes a bench.
- The project manager authority ranges from strong to weak.
A member of a CCB notices a change request was not approved by the steering committee. Which of the following is the BEST method to handle this situation?
- Disapprove the change request.
- Evaluate the impact of the change.
- Develop a regression plan.
- Hold the change request for review