Last Updated on July 9, 2021 by Admin 3
PK0-004 : CompTIA Project+ : Part 23
A key stakeholder claims to have not received status updates per the agreement. The PM reviews the communications plan and determines the updates were provided as agreed upon. Which of the following should the PM do NEXT to resolve the inconsistency between the communications plan and the stakeholder’s expectations?
- Analyze the RASI chart
- Review previous meeting minutes.
- Initiate a change control request.
- Updates the communications plan.
A new executive has joined the organization and is considering adding deliverables to the scope. The sponsor agrees with the executive but does not want to change the completion date. Which of the following options would be MOST useful to the project manager to accommodate the new scope without extending the completion date? (Choose two.)
- Fast-track some tasks to free up time.
- Remove some of the previous deliverables.
- Document the impact to the scope.
- Request additional funds to get more resources.
- Deny the scope change.
- Perform regression analysis on the changes.
A project manager is not going to finish a project on time but cannot change the deadline or add more budget. Which of the following types of change would allow the project manager to finish the project successfully?
Many questions have arisen regarding a newly identified project. Project team members are anxious to know who will be part of the team and what the project will deliver. Which of the following would be the BEST way to provide this information?
- Kickoff meeting
- Status report
- Company-wide email
- CCB meeting
Which of the following charts would indicate the cause and effect of tasks in a project, and for which of the following activities would the chart be used?
- Histogram, forecasting
- Ishikawa, quality control
- Scatter, determining resources
- Gantt, leveraging resources
A project manager has set aside a contingency reserve for unforeseen communications. Which of the following types of communication is MOST likely to utilize this contingency reserve?
- Impromptu meeting
- Closure conference
- Distributed printed media
- Kickoff meeting
A construction company is building a plant in a territory that is prone to earthquakes. To address the risk and consequences of potential earthquakes during and after plant construction, the company purchases additional insurance. Which of the following risk responses has occurred?
Which of the following is a component of the project cost control?
- Scope statement
- Burn rate
A project manager is starting a project on an unfamiliar technology. The document that is MOST likely to be created and distributed is an:
Analogous estimating was used earlier in a hauling project; however, through progressive elaboration, it is determined that the cost for fuel is much lower than anticipated. Which of the following types of project change should be submitted?
During planning, a project coordinator publishes the project management plan. After reviewing the plan, the project sponsor is concerned it is too long and detailed. Which of the following does the project sponsor desire?
- Status report
- Task durations
- Project schedule
- Schedule management plan
Which of the following are major characteristics of sprint planning? (Choose two.)
- Defining the sprint durations
- Defining the sprint owners
- Defining the sprint parameters
- Defining the number of sprints
- Defining the sprint classifications
A project manager is performing resource leveling and notices one of the functional testers is assigned 40% in a second project. The project manager needs the resource to be 100% dedicated to the project; otherwise, the testing phase jeopardizes the delivery date. Which of the following should the project manager do NEXT?
- Ask the resource manager to deallocate the resource from the second project.
- Ask the resource manager to assign a new resource with 40% of allocation.
- Keep the resource 100% allocated in the project, as per the initial plan.
- Change the resource to 60% of allocation and review the mitigation plan.
Which of the following methods should a project manager use to improve email communication for a time-sensitive, high-visibility global project? (Choose two.)
- Limit email recipients to only required team members.
- Increase the number of emails to encourage team interaction.
- Set up emails with bold text and all caps in the subject line.
- Eliminate acronyms from the email to avoid miscommunication.
- Include more information to increase the length of each email message.
- Include detailed technical consideration in each email.
Which of the following roles is MOST involved in checking the quality of the deliverables and supporting the project manager during the project?
- Team leader
- Project coordinator
When developing a project schedule, which of the following resources is the BEST to estimate task duration?
- Project manager
- Project scheduler
- Project team
- Project sponsor
A project manager has updated the project schedule but cannot analyze the schedule performance. Which of the following steps did the project manager miss?
- Lock the schedule
- Approve the schedule
- Baseline the schedule
- Fast track the schedule
The quarterly financial statement has been released, and portfolios are losing funding for projects. Which of the following options are MOST appropriate to keep the project alive and on schedule? (Choose two.)
- Shorten the project duration.
- Reduce the features being released.
- Request more time with a smaller project team.
- Reduce quality control.
- Ask for operational team support.
Which of the following can a project manager use to keep track of finances and ensure costs are accurately applied to a project?
- PO numbers
- Cost baseline
- Bill of materials
- WBS codes
Which of the following includes setting governance gates as well as predecessors and dependencies?
- Project communication
- Project constraints
- Project change control
- Project scheduling