Last Updated on July 7, 2021 by Admin 3
PK0-004 : CompTIA Project+ : Part 06
A project’s key stakeholders have requested significant changes that will affect the scope. To adjust the project scope, which of the following need to be changed? (Choose two.)
- Cost performance parameter
- Project schedule
- Corrective action plan
A project has activities on the critical path that must be completed before other activities can start.
Task A is dependent on Task C before Task D can be completed.
Task A requires task B to start.
Task B takes twice as long to complete as Task C.
Which of the following is the appropriate ordering of the critical path?
- B, A, D
- C, B, D, A
- D, A, C
- B, C, A, D
During a project, the project manager discovers there is insufficient time allotted for quality control. The project manager prepared to submit a revised schedule to the CCB.
Given the attached chart, which of the following is the critical path if one day is added to each task for quality control?
- 12 days
- 16 days
- 17 days
- 22 days
Which of the following job roles is primarily tasked with communicating the project timeline changes?
- Project scheduler
- Project manager
- Project sponsor
- Project coordinator
A project manager is successfully adhering to an eight-week project schedule through week three. A change in the marketplace will require the project manager to deliver the product one week early.
Given the project schedule above, which of the following aspects are missing for the project manager to plan and execute an accelerated schedule? (Choose two).
- Resource loading
A project manager has been assigned a project with a budget of $50,000. Three change requests are submitted during execution that will increase the overall project cost to $60,000. Which of the following steps should the project manager perform NEXT?
- Wait until the change requests are approved by the CCB.
- Approve the changes because the additional functionality is required to complete the process.
- Speak with the project sponsor and provide a detailed analysis of the changes and impacts to the project budget.
- Schedule the changes as part of the second phase of the project when additional funding will be available and work can be completed.
The chairperson of the board is visiting from another country and wishes to meet the project team members. The next project team meeting will be held next week, but the chairperson is leaving before the meeting. Which of the following actions should the project manager take?
- Schedule a conference call for the team meeting and invite the chairperson.
- Arrange an impromptu team meeting with the chairperson.
- Email the chairperson the meeting minutes from the scheduled meeting
- Invite the chairperson to the next project team meeting
Which of the following are characteristics of a project? (Choose two.)
- A project is a temporary endeavor.
- A project provides a unique product, service, or result.
- A project is an ongoing endeavor.
- A project involves scheduled maintenance.
- A project includes life-cycle cost management.
A project team has purchased computers with warranties extending throughout the entire project. Which of the following represents the risk strategy utilized?
Which of the following Agile ceremonies is used to determine the backlog items that will be worked on the next weeks?
- SCRUM retrospective meeting
- Sprint planning meeting
- Daily standup meeting
- Review meeting
The project manager of a global project constantly receives complaints from individuals at another location that some team members are not available after lunch on Fridays. This is acceptable to the project manager. Which of the following factors is the MOST likely cause for this scenario?
- Personal preference
- Intra-organizational differences
- Time zone
A project manager is providing the lessons learned for a project that ran over budget and produced poor quality deliverables. Which of the following should the project manager include as part of the lessons learned?
- Risk register
- Post-mortem analysis
- Issue log
- Procurement report
A company decides to give a large section of its development project to another firm to manage and complete because that firm has the appropriately skilled resources to execute the work. This approach is referred to as:
- Resource leveling
- Staff Augmentation
- Work relocation
An outsourced project team member approaches the project manager and complains that the contract does not permit overtime. The project manager had fast-tracked tasks that require additional hours. Which of the following documents did the project manager fail to reference?
Which of the following roles has approval authority for project funding?
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Project Management Office (PMO)
A software upgrade project has been postponed because it may impact a critical business system. Which of the following strategies has been applied?
- Accept risk
- Mitigate risk
- Avoid risk
- Exploit risk
The project team is distributed throughout a single country. The scrum master has decided to hold remote “stand-ups” on a daily basis. Which of the following would be the MOST effective means to do this?
- Instant messaging
- Video conference
- Phone call
- Collaboration website
Which of the following is an example of a project?
- Purchasing pedometers from local retail stores for employees
- Implementing a health awareness program at an organization
- Conducting semi-annual blood drives at an organization
- Presenting a scripted workshop at an organization’s three locations
A project is about to begin the execution phase. The SOW and project plan have been approved, and the project team has been formed. Which of the following types of meetings should happen NEXT?
A department manager asks a project manager about the status of a project that has only a few employees from the department assigned to it. Which of the following were MOST likely missed during project planning?
- Issue log and process diagram
- Resource analysis and Gantt chart
- Stakeholder analysis and communication plan
- Scatter chart and scope analysis