Last Updated on July 7, 2021 by Admin 3
PK0-004 : CompTIA Project+ : Part 04
During the execution phase of a project, a project task has run longer than anticipated.
Which of the following is the new critical path of the project if Task 2 requires an additional two days to complete?
- 12 days
- 14 days
- 16 days
- 19 days
A project manager who is part of a global team wants to have a team building meeting and decides to hold a video conference.
Which of the following is MOST likely to be the main challenge the influences this decision?
- Geographical factors
- Language barriers
- Cultural differences
- Technology factors
A project team member highlights to the project manager that expensive licensing for critical software in use across the project may expire before the completion project.
Which of the following would the project manager MOST likely do?
- Place a risk on the risk register and arrange a risk review with the appropriate stakeholders to accept and/or mitigate the risk.
- Raise a purchase order to purchase the licensing and ask the team member to install it.
- Amend the project scope and raise a project change request to obtain approval of the amendment.
- Amend the project schedule and work breakdown structures to remove the use of the software from the project.
A vendor is unable to deliver an order by the specified date.
Which of the following should be the project manager’s NEXT steps? (Choose two.)
- The project manager should notify the affected project team and, if necessary, adjust the schedule because the project could potentially encounter delays.
- The project manager should notify the project sponsor to update the schedule in the documentation because the project could potentially encounter delays.
- The project manager should adjust the schedule in the documentation and, if necessary, take steps to rush other areas of the schedule so the project will not encounter delays.
- The project manager should update the project management plan in the documentation to reflect the reason for the possible delay in the project timeline.
- The project manager should update the procurement plan and action items to reflect the possible delay in the project timeline.
A project manager received a change request, immediately documented the required changes, and evaluated the impact of and justification for the changes.
Which of the following should the project manager do NEXT?
- Gain approval for the changes.
- Identify the approval authority.
- Implement the changes.
- Create an emergency change request.
A project team is mainly based in a metropolitan area. The team also has members in a remote area, where Internet access is limited and unstable.
Which of the following factors will MOST likely influence the communication methods used in the project?
- Personal preferences
- Technological factors
- Language barriers
- Cultural differences
A project manager noticed the development team supporting a project does not have sufficient skills to complete the development phase. The project manager has discussed this issue with the functional manager and agreed to continue with the development phase due to time restrictions.
Which of the following strategies is the project manager applying?
A business has implemented a new online performance management tool that allows functional and project managers to rate employees online.
This action is known as which of the following?
- Business process change
- Organizational change
- Internal reorganization
- Business continuity planning
A project manager needs to track the actual and estimated start and finish dates of all WBS work packages.
Which of the following is a necessary step to record the actual durations?
- Establish each WBS work package resource.
- Establish and set the baseline.
- Establish and set the quality gates.
- Establish the tollgates.
Which of the following describes how a project is related to a program?
- A program is a combination of multiple projects.
- A program contains an element of the project.
- A program is a part of a project.
- A program uses half of the project’s budget.
Which of the following are examples of organizational change? (Choose two.)
- Business process
- Risk event
A project manager needs to identify the resources assigned to a particular task.
In which of the following documents can this information be found?
- Project schedule
- Cost plan
- Scope statement
- Impact assessment
A project manager provides status reports to a customer on a biweekly basis, but the customer is very busy and only has a few minutes to review the project.
Which of the following are critical for the project manager to provide?
- Cost, schedule, organizational chart, and risks/issues
- Risks/issues, cost, RACI chart, and action items
- Schedule, cost, risks/issues, and milestones
- Action items, organizational chart, schedule, and NDA
During the execution phase, the project manager discovered that the testing phase is dependent on completion of the vendor’s tasks. The project team has just informed the project manager their activities are almost complete, and they would like permission to begin testing. The vendor is not scheduled to deliver the products for two months.
Which of the following should have occurred to prevent this issue?
- During the planning phase, the project manager should have recognized the relationship between the vendor’s and project team’s tasks and adjusted the schedule for the project team to begin activities two months later.
- The project manager should have crashed the schedule for the vendor to keep it at the same work pace as the rest of the project team.
- During the project team’s regular status meeting with the vendor, the project team should have informed the vendor that the team was ahead of schedule and to speed up their work.
- During the project team’s regular status meeting with the vendor, the vendor should have informed the project team that it required another two months, and to slow down.
A project coordinator logs potential events that can affect project constraints, and then records the results of brainstorming of potential strategies.
Which of the following documents should the project coordinator use?
- Risk register
- Issue log
- Communication plan
- Status report
A new project sponsor has joined the project team, and the constraints on the project have been reprioritized. The project cost was previously the most important factor, but the new sponsor has indicated that meeting a new, shorter deadline is the priority.
Which of the following effects is this MOST likely to have on the project?
- The deliverables and quality will remain the same, but the cost will increase.
- The deliverables and quality will remain the same, but the cost will decrease.
- The deliverables and cost will remain the same, but the quality will increase.
- The cost and quality will remain the same, but the deliverables will increase.
A project has fallen behind schedule. Upon investigation, the project manager determines that team members have implemented requirements relayed via impromptu hallway meetings with the client.
Which of the following should the project manager do to resolve this issue?
- Update the scope management plan.
- Modify the project baselines.
- Implement change control management.
- Inform the stakeholders of the issue.
The key stakeholders have reported the project pace as being slow. The project sponsor would like to cancel the project if it cannot be completed before the end of the year. The project is scheduled to be completed three months after the requested date.
To alter the pace of the project, which of the following should the project manager do FIRST?
- Give approval for the change requested by the project sponsor.
- Deny the request from the project sponsor.
- Document the change request from the project sponsor.
- Ask the project sponsor to change the request.
Which of the following is a schedule that illustrates the duration of an activity?
- Process diagram
- Ishikawa diagram
- Gantt chart
- Pareto chart
Team members have reported that meetings are poorly attended and unproductive.
Which of the following steps can the project manager take to make the meetings more productive?
- Discontinue the meetings with the poorest attendance.
- Decrease the length of the meetings.
- Distribute an agenda before each meeting.
- Document team member attendance and report it to management.