Last Updated on July 7, 2021 by Admin 3
PK0-004 : CompTIA Project+ : Part 01
A project manager is attempting to establish the proper sequencing and duration of project activities.
Which of the following would be the MOST beneficial?
- Network diagram
- Ishikawa diagram
- Gantt chart
Which of the following are characteristics of a project? (Choose two.)
- Start and finish
- Achieving a goal
- Consisting of milestones
- Restricting the budget
A company has determined it does not have the in-house capability to perform a project and wants to procure third-party services.
Which of the following documents will the company MOST likely release FIRST?
The project manager was asked to provide recommendations for the removal of a vendor. A meeting was scheduled with the key stakeholders and the project sponsor to highlight the reasons for this recommendation.
Which of the following should the project manager bring to the meeting to support this recommendation? (Choose two.)
- The issue log to show why the vendor should be replaced.
- The team action items to show why the vendor should be replaced.
- The scope statement to show why the vendor should be replaced.
- A procurement plan to show why the vendor should be replaced.
- A change management plan to have the vendor replaced.
A project manager is creating the WBS.
In which of the following phases is the project?
Which of the following is a characteristics of a matrix organization?
- Authority lies solely with the project manager.
- Authority is directed by the project architect.
- Authority is shared between the project manager and project coordinator.
- Authority is shared between functional and project managers.
A WBS is being developed for a project.
Which of the following would be BEST suited to contribute cost and time estimates for the project activities?
- Project team members
- Project sponsor
- Project manager
- Project scheduler
A project manager is assigned to a project and has not had a handover meeting with the previous project manager. The new project manager is reviewing the percent of project completion, schedule progress, and budget constraints.
Which of the following documents should the project manager use to obtain this information?
- Project schedule
- Balanced scorecard
- Issue log
- Status report
A stakeholder is unaware of a project’s status.
Which of the following documents should the project manager consult to ensure all stakeholders are notified of project changes? (Choose two.)
- Status report
- Organizational chart
- RACI matrix
- Meeting minutes
- Communication plan
There are four parallel paths on a network diagram. The summary duration of each path is below:
A, C, G: 10 weeks A, B, F: 8 weeks D, E, H: 12 weeks D, B, F: 7 weeks
Which of the following tasks are on the critical path?
- A, C, G
- A, B, F
- D, E, H
- D, B, F
A project team is comprised of a mix of in-house and virtual team members.
When a complex announcement needs to go out to the entire project team, which of the following is the MOST effective way to communicate it?
- Composing a project team email with the details of the announcement is the best method. It gives the project manager the opportunity to explain but not be overcome with questions from the team.
- Using text messaging to make the announcement is the best method. It allows the project manager to reach the project team members wherever they are located.
- Sending a fax is the best method. It gives the project manager the opportunity to explain the announcement and come up with questions and answers the team may have.
- Hosting a web conference meeting is the best method. It gives the project manager the opportunity to explain the announcement and answer any questions from the team.
A project requires daily status updates.
Which of the following is the MOST effective method for providing these updates?
A project sponsor and Chief Information Officer (CIO) disagree about how to release the final deliverables to the market. The sponsor wants to do a massive product release, while the CIO wants to be extremely cautious and add more time for testing and defect resolution. The project manager works with both parties and determines the best solution is to roll the product out in a pilot release to see how it tests, and then use customer feedback to determine next steps.
Which of the following conflict resolution techniques is the project manager using?
A project manager is justifying a required change with the associated impact on the project.
Which of the following is the NEXT step?
The PMO is responsible for: (Choose two.)
- managing the project plan, scope, risk, and budget.
- contributing expertise, deliverables, and estimates of costs.
- setting standards and practices for the organization and providing governance.
- outlining consequences of non-performance and coordinating between disparate projects.
- approving funding, developing the project schedule, and gathering high-level requirements.
A critical stakeholder has requested additional status updated beyond the schedule.
Which of the following factors MOST likely needs to be accounted for when communication with this stakeholder?
- Cultural differences
Which of the following activities are associated with the closing phase of a project? (Choose two.)
- Risk mitigation
- Archiving of project documents
- Tracking of expenditures
- Lessons learned
- Quality assurance
Which of the following describes a burn rate?
- The rate at which project documents are disposed.
- The rate at which project personnel leave the project.
- The rate at which the project budget is used.
- The rate at which the timeline increases.
The project manager for a TV tower construction project receives notification that a strong storm is expected the following week.
Which of the following should the project manager do NEXT?
- Evaluate the risk, inform major stakeholders about the problem, and issue a change request immediately.
- Evaluate the risk, fill in the issue log, and communicate it according to the communication plan.
- Evaluate the risk, develop a mitigation plan, and communicate it according to the communication plan.
- Evaluate the risk, reschedule all outdoor tasks for a later time, and inform major stakeholders.
One deliverable failed during testing, and this has already happened several times.
Which of the following tools is MOST appropriate for the project team to use to determine the cause of the problem?
- Run chart
- Fishbone diagram
- Scatter diagram
- Gantt chart