Last Updated on July 7, 2021 by Admin 2
N10-007 : CompTIA Network+ : Part 07
A small town is attempting to attract tourists who visit larger nearby cities. A network engineer is asked to implement a network encompassing the five-block town center and nearby businesses. The inclusion of smartphones and portable devices is crucial to the plan. Which of the following is the network engineer being asked to implement?
An employee wishes to use a personal cell phone for work-related purposes, including storage of sensitive company data, during long business trips. Which of the following is needed to protect BOTH the employee and the company?
- An NDA ensuring work data stored on the personal phone remains confidential
- An AUP covering how a personal phone may be used for work matters
- A consent to monitoring policy covering company audits of the personal phone
- Real-time remote monitoring of the phone’s activity and usage
Which of the following protocols can be both connection-oriented and connectionless?
- 20 FTP
- 53 DNS
- 67 DHCP
- 80 HTTP
Which of the following BEST describes the differences between VLAN hopping and session hijacking?
- VLAN hopping involves the unauthorized transition from one VLAN to another to gain additional access. Session hijacking involves overriding a user’s web connection to execute commands
- VLAN hopping is a brute force attack executed to gain additional access. Session hijacking involves physically disrupting a network connection
- VLAN hopping involves overriding a user network connection to execute malicious commands. Session hijacking involves compromising a host to elevate privileges
- VLAN hopping is the act of exploiting poor VLAN tagging. Session hijacking is a web-based attack aimed at privilege escalation
An analyst is developing a proof of concept of a wireless-based attack as part of a penetration test against an organization’s network. As part of the attack, the analyst launches a fake access point matching the SSID of the organization’s guest access network. When a user connects to the fake access point, the analyst allows the traffic to flow through the access point to the legitimate site while the data traversing the network is logged for latest analysis and exploitation. Which of the following attacks has the analyst successfully performed in this scenario?
- Session hijacking
- MAC spoofing
- VLAN hopping
A network administrator receives a call from the sales department requesting ports 20 and 21 be opened on the company’s firewall to allow customers to retrieve a large file. Which of the following should the administrator perform BEFORE making the needed changes? (Choose two.)
- Document the reason for the request
- Scan the file for malware to protect the sales department’s computers
- Follow the company’s approval process for the implementation
- Install a TFTP server for the customers to use for the transfer
- Create a honeypot to store the file on for the customers to use
- Write the SLA for the sales department authorizing the change
A user reports that a laptop cannot connect to the Internet despite the fact the wireless Internet was functioning on it yesterday. The user did not modify the laptop in any way, and the wireless Internet is functional on other users’ laptops. Which of the following issues should be reviewed to help the user to connect to the wireless network?
- Wireless switch toggled off
- WAP settings
- WLAN IP address out of scope
- Wireless controller misconfiguration
A network administrator wants to increase the confidentiality of the system by hardening the authentication process. Currently, the users log in using usernames and passwords to access the system. Which of the following will increase the authentication factor to three?
- Adding a fingerprint reader to each workstation and providing a RSA authentication token
- Adding a fingerprint reader and retina scanner
- Using a smart card and RSA token
- Enforcing a stronger password policy and using a hand geometry scan
A network technician is building a network for a small office. The office currently has cable TV and now requires access to the Internet without adding any cabling other than what is already in place. Which of the following solutions should the technician install to meet these requirements?
- DOCSIS modem
- Wireless router
- DSL modem
- Access point
A network engineer arrives at work and discovers that many users are having problems when attempting to connect to the company network shared drives. The network operations center (NOC) technician just completed server upgrades the night before. To which of the following documents should the NOC technician refer to determine what potentially caused the connectivity problem?
- Network maps
- Cable management
- Release notes
- Change management
Which of the following VPN protocols establishes a secure session that can be initiated using a browser?
- SSL VPN
A technician is setting up a public guest network for visitors to access the Internet that must be separate from the corporate network. Which of the following are the BEST steps for the technician to take with minimum overhead configuration? (Choose two.)
- Enable SSID broadcasting to identify the guest network
- Configure visitor devices to use static IP addresses
- Enable two-factor authentication on visitor devices
- Configure the access point to use WPA2-AES encryption
- Ensure the access point is not running in mixed mode
When choosing a type of storage that integrates with the existing network infrastructure, the storage must be easily configurable to share files and can communicate with all existing clients over TCP/IP. Which of the following is the BEST technology for the network administrator to implement?
- Fibre Channel
A network technician is installing a new network switch is looking for an appropriate fiber optic patch cable. The fiber optic patch panel uses a twist-style connector. The switch uses a SFP module. Which of the following connector types should the fiber patch cable have?
Which of the following WAN technologies utilizes the concept of virtual circuits and point-multipoint connections?
- Broadband cable
- Frame relay
A network administrator wishes to ensure there are no unnecessary open communication paths into a server. Using a port scanner, the administrator finds that ports are reported as closed. Which of the following BEST explains this response?
- The ports belong to an active system and are denying requests
- The ports are associated with deprecated services
- The ports do not belong to a live system
- The ports replied with a SYN/ACK response
Users are reporting issues with slow connection speeds and a loss of connectivity on the newly installed wireless network. The issues are intermittent but seem to occur most often around midday. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause?
- There is interference from small appliances
- The signal coverage area is too small
- Not enough DHCP addresses have been allotted
- The DNS cache on the users’ computers has become corrupt
A user reports difficulties connecting a PC to a wired network. The PC connects to an IP phone, which is working correctly. A network technician can verify that other devices successfully connect to the phone. At which of the following layers of the OSI model is the problem MOST likely located?
Which of the following physical security controls is MOST likely to be susceptible to a false positive?
- Identification card
- Biometric device
- Proximity reader
- Video camera
An assistant systems analyst reports the following findings of an investigation of slow Internet connections in a remote office to the senior systems analyst:
Which of the following devices is causing the issue?
- Switch 1
- Switch 2