Last Updated on July 6, 2021 by Admin 2
FC0-U51 : CompTIA IT Fundamentals : Part 14
Joe, a user, has installed a new SOHO wireless router. The router keeps dropping PC connections. Which of the following should be check?
- MAC address
A backup that stores only data that has changed since the last full backup is:
- a full backup
- a partial backup
- an incremental backup
- a differential backup
A traveling business user is utilizing an LTE cellular connection that provides good coverage but experiences numerous outages during a given week. This would be classified as which of the following?
- High mobility and low reliability
- High mobility and high latency
- High availability and low mobility
- High availability and low throughput
Which of the following could be a reason for limited web page visibility while using a large screen?
- The ISP is supplying less bandwidth that the amount for which the user is paying.
- The web pages are being viewed in a compatibility mode.
- Too many toolbars are installed in the browser.
- The user has the screen resolution set too high.
- The browser cache is full and must be cleared.
A user was recently a victim of a brute force attack on an email account. This is considered which of the following security threats?
- Social engineering
- Shoulder surfing
- Password cracking
A user recently installed a new display on a computer that stopped working a few days later. Which of the following should be done FIRST to remedy this problem?
- Check for the latest driver for the video card
- Consult a technology professional.
- Consult the manufacturer’s documentation.
- Check for loose cables or connectors.
Which of the following is the primary purpose of an OS?
- Connects the computer to the Internet
- Provides storage for the user’s files
- Controls and manages all aspects of a computer
- Connects the computer’s CPU and RAM
Joe, a technician, has discovered that his SOHO router does not include features that are listed on the manufacturer’s website. Which of the following would allow Joe to enable these missing features?
- Update the firmware
- Enable WPA2
- Change the SSID
- Reset the router
Which of the following computer ports can be used for storage, video output, and peripherals?
Which of the following file types is considered executable?
A user set up a new computer and implemented cable management with very little slack on all cabling. However, the workstation is shutting off intermittently. Which of the following issues is MOST likely occurring?
- The new surge protector used is not rated to handle the manufacturer’s workstation.
- The cable ties are loose and need to be adjusted.
- The computer may not have gone through its traditional burn-in period yet.
- The power cable could be too taut and is losing connection in the socket.
Which of the following malware infections is responsible for locking data on a system in an attempt to make the user pay a fee to unlock it?
A user places a new desktop computer, monitor, and printer on the desk. Which of the following is the NEXT step in completing the setup of the computer?
- Install updates.
- Turn on the computer.
- Connect all cables to the computer.
- Configure antivirus software.
A peripheral device manufacturer has corrected a security flaw in its software and released a patch. Which of the following is the QUICKEST method to correct this flaw?
- Replace the device.
- Power cycle the device.
- Reconnect the device.
- Update the device drivers.
Joe, a technician, is asked to prevent users from playing games on corporate computers. Which of the following is the BEST way to accomplish this?
- Move the game files to a network share.
- Remove the games using the OS utility.
- Require all users to sign a company zero-tolerance gaming document.
- Rename the games folder to “Do Not Use.”
Which of the following storage media is intended for single-use backups?
- Hard drive
- Flash drive