Last Updated on July 3, 2021 by Admin 2
220-1002 : CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 2 : Part 19
Which of the following best practices should a technician observe to reduce the risk of electrical shock?
- Keep components in an anti-static bag.
- Remove metallic jewelry.
- Utilize proper cable management.
- Wear an ESD wrist strap.
A user received a brand new mobile device about six months ago. The device is now running very slowly and is hotter than normal, and certain applications crash when they are started.
Which of the following are the BEST options for troubleshooting this phone? (Choose two.)
- Check for any applications that are running and stop them.
- Check the device’s battery and replace it.
- Check the smartphone’s screen and replace it.
- Check the smartphone’s charging cable to ensure it is working properly.
- Check for any unnecessary applications and uninstall them.
- Check for any OS updates and install them.
A Windows user logs on to a network domain computer after recently being switched to a roaming profile. The user reports extremely long startup times.
Which of the following should a technician check to address this issue?
- The amount of data on the user’s desktop.
- The total quantity of RAM installed on the computer.
- The free space available on the network share.
- The size of the Windows swap file.
During a network server outage, the administrator’s computer received an IP address of 169.254.0.10 and had no access to internal or external resources.
Which of the following should be configured to ensure the administrator’s computer retains network access?
- Alternative IP address
- Proxy setting
A recent outbreak of a virus has uncovered that a company must put a security template in place to mitigate future virus outbreaks.
Which of the following best practices would a technician MOST likely implement as part of the security template? (Choose two.)
- Failed attempts lockout policy
- Restricting user permissions
- Login time restrictions
- Setting strong passwords
- Patch/update management
A technician is setting up a SOHO wireless router and needs to adhere to the following requirements:
• The router should not assign network addresses to any device.
• All devices in the office must be able to access network resources and the Internet.
Which of the following should the technician perform to meet these requirements?
- Assign static IP addresses on all devices.
- Set up MAC filtering for all devices.
- Place all devices in a DMZ.
- Enable port forwarding for all devices.
A technician is encrypting the company’s laptops using BitLocker, but some of the laptops do not have a built-in TPM.
Which of the following would enable the technician to use BitLocker on these machines?
- A USB key
- A firmware update
- A local disk
- Two-factor authentication
In which of the following operating systems has the publisher removed the ability to turn off automatic updates with the Control Panel applet?
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
Which of the following operating systems has versions for servers, workstations, and phones?
- Chrome OS
A user’s mobile device has slow data speeds. The user first noticed the slow speeds after downloading a large application to the device. The application download MOST likely caused:
- a hardware issue on the device.
- the device to run more slowly.
- the user to exceed the monthly data limit.
- the device to change to WiFi settings.
Which of the following is an authentication protocol that can be used for users in the field?