Last Updated on July 3, 2021 by Admin 2
220-1002 : CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 2 : Part 17
Which of the following would MOST likely be used by an attacker to identify the hash value of a strong password quickly?
- Brute force
- Key stretching
- Rainbow table
- Dictionary attack
A technician performs a risk assessment and determines a requested change has low risk and low impact.
Which of the following best practices should the technician follow to proceed with implementing the change?
- Update the ticket with the results of the risk assessment and implement the change.
- Reference the business policy and follow all change management procedures.
- Obtain approval from the department and implement the change.
- Provide a risk assessment to colleagues for peer review.
A technician is in the process of removing a recently discovered Trojan horse application from a user’s laptop.
Which of the following should the technician complete to prevent reinfection of the same machine?
- Reenable Windows System Restore after rebooting the device.
- Research the symptoms to identify the threat.
- Update the operating system and anti-malware signatures.
- Isolate the infected machine from all networks.
A technician is setting up a new virtualization server, which will be initially used to host a client VM that will manage print jobs. The client, however, has future plans to utilize the server to host other VMs.
Which of the following should the technician implement to ensure maximum uptime of the client VM?
- Cloud storage backup
- Large file storage
- Image-level backup
- Uninterruptible power supply
A technician is cleaning malware on a Windows workstation.
Which of the following would MOST likely prevent a recurrence of the same malware?
- Enable Shadow Copy.
- Disable System Restore.
- Update root certificates.
- Modify file permissions.
A technician has enabled port security on a switchport.
Which of the following BEST describes the effect this will have?
- Devices must match a list of allowed MAC addresses before accessing the network.
- Devices need to conform to the policies set forth by the MDM software.
- Data loss prevention software will be monitoring for data exfiltration on the port.
- A firewall is actively monitoring the network traffic using heuristic analysis.
A window appears on a user’s screen stating the computer’s files have been encrypted and an access code must be used to unlock the user’s data.
This is an example of:
- incorrect file permissions.
- a virus.
- an invalid certificate.
Joe, a user, cannot read encrypted email messages on a corporate smartphone, but he has been able to read them in the past. A technician restarts Joe’s smartphone, but the issue remains. The technician deletes the corporate email account and has Joe re-add it, verifying all settings are correct. Despite these steps, the issue persists.
Which of the following is MOST likely causing the issue?
- The certificate is expired.
- The TPM is bad.
- The phone is not encrypted.
- The incorrect mail server is selected in settings.
A user reports that an application has been closing unexpectedly for the past two days when posting transactions. When an administrator attempts to access the application, it generates an error stating a data library is missing.
Which of the following should a technician attempt FIRST?
- Uninstall and reinstall the application using the Windows Control Panel.
- Reinstall the application using the Windows Control Panel
- Repair the application using the Windows Control Panel.
- Locate the missing data library and copy it to the Windows program folder.
A technician wants to write a script that will check data line by line until the end of the file.
Which of the following elements will perform the check?
Joe, a mobile device user, reached his monthly quota of data about halfway through the current billing cycle. Joe contacts a technician to identify potential issues with the mobile device, as his usage patterns have not changed over the past month.
Which of the following is MOST likely causing this issue?
- There are unintended WiFi connections.
- Location tracking has been enabled.
- Applications are causing high resource utilization.
- Malware is causing excessive data transmission.
A technician is installing the Mac OS X operating system. The technician is prompted to select the filesystem.
Which of the following filesystems should the technician utilize to install the listed operating system?
An administrator is creating a new user account and wants to grant access to only the resources required to perform the user’s assigned job duties.
Which of the following will the administrator MOST likely use?
- Access control lists
- Multifactor authentication
- Directory permissions
- Principle of least privilege
Many of the files in a user’s network folder have a new file extension and are inaccessible. After some troubleshooting, a technician discovers a text document that states the files were intentionally encrypted, and a large sum of money is required to decrypt them.
Which of the following should the technician do to recover the files?
- Restore the network folder from a backup.
- Perform a System Restore on the computer.
- Update the malware scanner and run a full scan.
- Disconnect the computer from the network.
A user is unable to get to any internal websites but can access some external websites.
Which of the following will MOST likely resolve this issue?
- Uninstall and reinstall the browser.
- Confirm the proper proxy settings.
- Disable the firewall.
- Disable and re-enable the network adapter.
A business unit wants to upgrade the current version of its loan processing software. A manager is putting together a change management request and gathering information on the software.
Which of the following would be MOST important during this phase of the request process?
- Back-out plan
- End-user acceptance
- Risk analysis
- Test plan
A user’s computer was infected with malware, and a technician successfully removed the infection. However, the user reports certain web-based services are still inaccessible.
Which of the following should the technician perform FIRST to resolve the issue?
- Turn off System Restore.
- Update the malware signatures.
- Reset the Internet Explorer settings.
- Check the hosts file.
A customer wants to format a 4TB external drive with a filesystem that is compatible with both Windows and Linux OSs.
Which of the following should the technician suggest the customer use?
A user received a call from a bank to confirm a wire transfer; however, the user created no such request. While troubleshooting, a technician discovers there are rules on the user’s account that are forwarding the emails to an external email address and deleting the emails from the bank.
This is an example of:
- spam email.
- invalid certificates.
- hijacked email.
- browser pop-ups.
A technician is remediating a virus on an infected workstation. All user files are set to system and hidden.
Which of the following should a technician perform NEXT to remediate the system?
- Back up user data and rebuild the user profile.
- Restore user data and reset the user file attributes via a command line.
- Run System Restore to a date before the infection.
- Perform a clean install of the OS and restore the user data.
- Reset all file attributes on the user’s profile via command line.