Last Updated on July 3, 2021 by Admin 2
220-1002 : CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 2 : Part 16
Which of the following installation methods allows a technician to install Windows from a remote location?
A customer is having trouble opening several files on a computer. The customer renames one of the files, but then the correct program will no longer open it. Which of the following settings is a solution to the issue?
- Set the view options to detail
- Hide the extensions
- Utilize Credential Manager
- View the system files
A company is implementing multifactor authentication and requires a solution that utilizes TCP. Which of the following will the company MOST likely select?
A technician is restoring files, which were deleted more than one month ago, from a backup on Mac OS X. Using the available GUI utility, which of the following utilities should the technician launch to accomplish this task?
- Boot Camp
When a computer accesses an HTTPS website, which of the following describes how the browser determines the authenticity of the remote site?
- Software tokens
- Port security
A new policy requires all users to log on to their corporate workstations using smart card authentication. Which of the following best practices should be implemented to further secure access to workstations?
- Data encryption
- Screen lock timeouts
- Required screensavers
- Strong passwords
Following a recent password change, a user can log on successfully to an Apple computer but cannot access a web-based service. An error message displays each time the user attempts to authenticate to the service. Prior to changing the password, the computer had no communication issues. Which of the following should a technician use to continue troubleshooting the issue?
A technician is troubleshooting vendor-specific software. Which of the following is where the technician should go to find problem-specific fixes on the vendor’s website?
- Software user manual
- Knowledge base articles
- System requirements documentation
- Installation instructions
A user’s PC has been running slowly. The user says there have been no changes to the PC. Which of the following tools should the technician use to troubleshoot the cause of the speed reduction?
- Windows Memory Diagnostic
- Performance tab in Task Manager
- Disk defragmenter
After connecting to the corporate VPN, a user’s workstation is no longer to browse Internet websites. A technician discovers launching a different web browser on the same computer reaches the websites correctly. Which of the following should the technician do NEXT?
- Verify the browser’s proxy configuration settings
- Instruct the user to use the alternate web browser instead
- Flush the workstation’s DNS cache
- Scan the user’s workstation for malware
- Disconnect and reconnect from the corporate VPN
A user is unable to open a document on a shared drive from a Linux workstation. Which of the following commands would help the user gain access to the document?
A customer is shopping for a new tablet. The customer is primarily concerned about transferring applications from the old tablet to the new one. Which of the following specifications is MOST important when selecting a new tablet?
- Screen size
- Wireless speed
- Operating system
A technician needs to ensure users are prompted or warned when an installation takes place on a Windows system. Which of the following would meet this requirement?
- Educate the user to run the installation with runas
- Add the user to the local administrators group
- Enable UAC on the workstation
- Log in as the administrator to install the application
An end user submits a request for the IT specialist to install new software on a workstation. The workstation has the following specifications:
The minimum software requirements for the new application are a dual-core, 64-bit OS with 4GB of RAM and 60GB storage. Which of the following conditions will the technician encounter when attempting to install the software?
- Insufficient RAM
- Incompatible processor
- Insufficient storage
- Incompatible system architecture
- Insufficient network bandwidth
A home user reports slow computer performance and application crashes after clicking a “repair” button on a pop-up warning while browsing the Internet. Which of the following are the FIRST steps a technician should take to identify and resolve the issue? (Choose two.)
- Perform a system file check and replace any changed files with their original versions
- Enable the pop-up blocker on the Internet browser
- Uninstall any recently installed unknown programs and browser extensions
- Perform a hard shutdown and cold boot the computer
- Scan the RAM and hard drive using an up-to-date antivirus program
A user spills a small amount of toner from a laser printer onto the floor. Which of the following is the safest way to clean up the toner?
- Use a wet/dry vacuum
- Use a broom and dust pan
- Use damp paper towels
- Spray the toner with canned air
A user is locked out of the local user account on a UEFI-based workgroup computer. A technician is trying to use a third-party tool to unlock and reset the local account password but cannot boot from the USB drive to run the program.
Which of the following would be the BEST way to fix the issue?
- Start up in safe mode, verify the USB device in Device Manager, restart the computer, and boot from USB.
- Disable Secure Boot, restart the computer, and boot from USB.
- Use Bootsect.exe to modify the boot priority, restart the computer, and boot from USB.
- Boot into recovery console, navigate to the USB drive, and boot from USB.
A technician is investigating connectivity issues over the corporate network. The technician attempts to Telnet into an access point in the break room, which is labeled AP-1, but is unable to proceed any further or authenticate.
Which of the following commands will be MOST beneficial in determining the connectivity issues?
A user can access the company’s internal website properly, but some e-commerce websites have stopped loading and been replaced with an error message. The technician who is troubleshooting the issue tries to update the malware scanner over the network, but the automatic update fails. However, a manual update is successful from a USB drive. No viruses are detected on the device after a full system scan.
Which of the following is the MOST likely cause of the issue?
- Incorrect time
- Browser redirection
- Hijacked email
- Rogue antivirus
Which of the following would MOST likely be used in secure client-server communication?
- Port security
- Group Policy