Last Updated on July 2, 2021 by Admin 2
220-1002 : CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 2 : Part 15
A technician successfully removed malware from a user’s computer, and recent scans do not report any infections. However, the computer has begun experiencing issues accessing websites with Internet Explorer after a few hours of use. Some remote websites return error messages, and other sites do not display properly. Which of the following options should the technician utilize NEXT to troubleshoot this issue?
- Internet Options – Advanced
- System – Remote Settings
- Folder Options – View Options
- Display Settings – Resolution
A technician is monitoring a network and notices an outage has occurred that could potentially cause a major disruption to the business workflow. Which of the following should the technician do NEXT?
- Identify the issue and its impact to the business
- Report the incident to the proper teams or management for awareness
- Start a root cause analysis and create documentation
- Create an action plan and implement the solution
A user recently downloaded a JPEG attachment from an email. When the user clicks on the attachment, instead of opening a picture, a small command prompt window appears for several seconds and then disappears. A technician views the file and sees the following:
Which of the following Windows Control Panel utilities should the technician use to resolve this issue?
- Folder Options
- Display Settings
- Device Manager
- Internet Options
A technician is scheduled to upgrade a grocery store’s network equipment at 11:00 p.m. There are only a few shoppers in the store; therefore, the store manager wants the technician to start the upgrade early. Which of the following is the NEXT step the technician should perform?
- Create a back-out plan for the store
- Review the change request document
- Draft the new network diagrams
- Get approval from the Change Advisory Board
A technician is adding a folder to a structure that is several levels down from the top level. The technician wants to make sure the new folder will have the same permissions as the top level. Which of the following should the technician configure?
A user moves a file from one NTFS disk to another NTFS disk. Which of the following describes the changes to the file permissions?
- The file has both the source and destination permissions
- The file keeps the source permissions
- The file permissions have to be set manually
- The file receives the destination permissions
A customer recently lost data because it was accidentally deleted. The customer calls a technician and asks to have a Windows backup solution installed. The customer needs to ensure all company data is backed up and quickly recoverable every time a change is made. Which of the following solutions would the technician MOST likely recommend? (Choose two.)
- File level
- Bare metal
- Shadow Copy
- Critical applications
- Image level
A technician is updating a Windows computer to the latest OS version. The customer does not want to lose any settings or have to reinstall any programs. Which of the following installation types should a technician use to meet the customer’s requirements?
A user browses to a company’s intranet page and receives an invalid certificate message. A technician discovers the certificate has expired. A new certificate is put in place and installed on the user’s computer; however, the user still receives the same message when going to the intranet page. The technician tries with a third-party browser and connects without error. The technician needs to make sure the old certificate is no longer used in Internet Explorer. Which of the following Internet Options should the technician use to ensure the old certificate is removed?
- Clear SSL state
A technician is creating a network topology diagram. Which of the following would be the MOST appropriate to include? (Choose two.)
- A list of network addresses for each device
- A list of the ports on each device and what they are connected to
- Technical specifications and performance ratings for the devices
- Settings, configuration details, and notes on proper operations
- A list of devices that need replacement within the next 6-12 months
- The MAC address and serial number of each device on the network
A remotely managed self-checkout machine in a retail store runs Windows 10. The image contains drivers for locally attached third-party hardware (i.e., receipt printers), third-party applications, and proprietary applications made by the company’s IT department. The self-checkout machine is experiencing errors, and the store employees are instructed to reload the OS. Which of the following would be the BEST option to restore full functionality to this machine with the least administrative effort?
- Thin client
- Network boot
A Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is giving a presentation at an industry conference but forgot to bring a laptop. The company has emailed several large presentation files and the links to several videos that will be streamed during the presentation. While showing the last video, it starts to buffer, times out, and will not display. The CEO restarts the phone that is being used for the presentation and verifies there is enough free storage space, but the video still will not play. Which of the following is MOST likely causing the issue?
- Data transmission over limit
- Unauthorized account access
- Resource over use
- Unintended Bluetooth pairing
A desktop technician is responsible for the OS migration of 300 end users. As part of the migration, the technician must save the end users’ data to a temporary shared drive. The data must include any hidden files to ensure 100% of the data is retained. Which of the following commands will achieve this result by default?
A technician needs to connect to a server using a secure terminal application. The technician must be able to reboot the server quickly and restart all the daemons with this application. Which of the following methods will the technician MOST likely use? (Choose two.)
- Remote Assistance
A technician is alerted to a virus on a PC. The technician isolates the PC from the network. After verifying there are no other infected PCs on the network, which of the following is the SAFEST method for the technician to use to clean the infected PC?
- Download and apply the security patch that addresses the vulnerability that was exploited
- Use System Restore to bring the PC back to a previous restore point
- Reimage the computer and update it with all the latest patches
- Download another antivirus software that will quarantine the virus
A network administrator audited applications on a user’s desktop and noticed a program used to sync a mobile device to the desktop’s calendar. To ensure corporate data is not exchanged to cloud servers, which of the following mobile security methods should be implemented?
- Remote wipe
- Device encryption
- Biometric authentication
- Enterprise sandbox
Joe, a user, is unable to log into a laptop using his proper network credentials because of an incorrect username or password. However, Joe is able to log in without issue to a coworker’s PC using his credentials. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause of the issue?
- The administrator account was disabled during the installation of the OS
- The laptop was not joined to the domain when the OS was installed
- The laptop’s hard drive was formatted with FAT32 during the OS installation
- The OS was not installed with the correct drivers for the laptop’s input devices
A customer’s computer was turned off overnight. When the customer restarts the computer, an advanced startup menu is displayed. The startup repair option is unsuccessful and causes the computer to reboot repeatedly until the advanced startup screen reappears. Which of the following should a technician attempt FIRST?
- Go back to the previous build
- Refresh the PC
- Run System Restore
- Perform System Image Recovery
- Reset the PC
Ann, an employee, has been trying to use a company-issued mobile device to access an internal fileshare while traveling abroad. She restarted the device due to a mobile OS update, but she is now unable to access company information. Ann calls the help desk for assistance, and a technician verifies she can make calls and access websites. Which of the following should the technician suggest NEXT to try to fix the issue?
- Navigate to the VPN profile in the device settings, delete the pre-shared key, and restart the device
- Instruct Ann to open the company’s MDM application to ensure proper functionality
- Navigate to the corporate intranet page and use hyperlinks to access the fileshare
- Instruct Ann to disable TLS 1.0 in the device settings
Which of the following steps should a technician perform when the included Windows driver for a video card does not have the needed features?
- Install the third-party driver from the manufacturer’s website
- Update the included Windows driver from Windows Update
- Flash the firmware on the BIOS to the latest version
- Replace the video card with one that is supported by Windows natively