Last Updated on July 1, 2021 by Admin 2
220-1002 : CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 2 : Part 08
A systems administrator needs to add security to the server room.
Which of the following would provide the BEST security for the room? (Choose two.)
- Universal serial bus locks
- Personal identity verification cards
- Privacy screen
- Entry control roster
- Door locks
- Privacy window
A network administrator has noticed unusual activity with a user’s login credentials on the network. The user is attempting multiple simultaneous login across the network, some of which are attempting to access workstations and servers to which the user does not have access.
Which of the following should the network administrator do NEXT?
- Delete the user’s AD account.
- Decrease the user’s AD privileges.
- Disable the user’s AD account.
- Reset the password on the user’s AD account.
Which of the following encryption methods is used by WPA2 to improve data security as compared to previous wireless encryption protocols?
A user is trying to install a very large .dmg file on a Windows computer but is receiving an error message.
Which of the following is causing the error?
- Small hard drive
- Insufficient RAM
- OS compatibility
- Folder permissions
A sales representative regularly modifies confidential files on a laptop and needs them to be available all the time. The sales representative will be on a six-month business trip in two weeks. A technician has been asked to assist the sales representative with saving files.
Which of the following is the BEST method to implement to prevent any data loss for the sales representative?
- Give the sales representative a USB security lock.
- Encrypt the laptop’s image on the server.
- Create a redundant cloud storage drive.
- Give the sales representative an external hard drive.
A technician is contacted by a user who is working from home but is unable to connect to any office resources (e.g., files, printers). The user is able to access the Internet.
Which of the following should the technician check FIRST?
A technician must remove data from the human resources computers. The technician plans to reuse the drives in the computers.
Which of the following data destruction methods should the technician perform to ensure the data is removed completely?
- Standard format
- Low-level format
A user’s mobile device is losing its battery charge very quickly. The user reports a 90% charge at 9:00 a.m., but has 22% battery by 1:00 p.m. The user has installed several applications, and the phone is a relatively new, high-end phone. The user claims most of the usage involves checking emails for a few minutes three or four times per hour.
Which of the following should a technician perform FIRST to diagnose the issue properly?
- Check the applications and their resource usage.
- Order a replacement battery and see if the phone maintains its charge.
- Configure the email software to work on a fetch schedule instead of the push setting.
- Wipe the phone entirely and reset all settings to their default states.
- Decrease the screen brightness to 30%.
- Uninstall all the applications on the phone and see if the battery issues remain.
A customer’s computer is having difficulty opening programs and regularly receives error messages regarding low system resources. Which of the following performance setting changes would BEST help the customer temporarily until a proper upgrade can be made?
- Data execution prevention
- Page-file size
- Visual effects
- Processor scheduling
Which of the following is a community-supported, open-source OS used for both servers and workstations?
- Windows 10
- OS X
Joe, a customer, requests to have a technician rename his laptop to the name of his favorite sports team. Which of the following documents MUST the technician consider before performing this action?
- Acceptable use policy
- Inventory management
- MDM policy
A user reports that a cell phone application is loading slowly and not functioning properly. Which of the following should a technician do FIRST to remedy this issue?
- Remove and reinstall the application.
- Hard reset the cell phone.
- Reconnect the wireless network connection.
- Close all running applications
Which of the following types of scripts would be seen on the user end of a web page?
Which of the following can be applied directly to an organizational unit in Active Directory to provide security to both the user and the machine?
- Folder Redirection
- Group Policy
- Security Groups
- Home Folder
A user’s personal settings are not saving, and a technician suspects the user’s local Windows profile is corrupt. The technician wants to check the size of the ntuser.dat file, but it does not appear in the user’s profile directory. Which of the following Control Panel utilities should the technician use to correct this?
- Folder Options
- Sync Center
- Display Settings
- User Accounts
Which of the following file types should be opened when executing a PowerShell script?
Which of the following must be enabled to configure 20 new machines to be booted over a network?
A customer is pressuring a project manager to get things done on time. Which of the following has the project manager failed to do in this case?
- Follow up with the customer after project completion
- Maintain a positive attitude during the project.
- Disclose project experiences on social media
- Communicate with the customer clearly.
An employee contacts the help desk because the battery in a company-provided smartphone lasts only a short period of time when the worker is in the office. Which of the following would MOST likely reduce this symptom? (Select TWO).
- Close applications when tasks are completed.
- Increase the time to dim the screen automatically.
- Increase the frequency for syncing corporate email.
- Set the smartphone display to maximum brightness.
- Connect to the office WiFi network automatically.
- Disable 802.11ac and use mobile data exclusively.
Which of the following BEST describes the Guest account on a Windows system?
- This account is designed to have the ability to set permissions for other users on the system. Users of this account have the capability to perform any operation or task on the system.
- This account is designed to provide basic permissions for completing common daily tasks. Users of this account are restricted from performing things like installing new software.
- This account is designed for users who require specific administrator rights or permissions. Users of this account are restricted from installing software but can change time zones.
- This account is designed for users who require temporary access to a computer and do not need to store user-specific settings. Users of this account have very limited permissions.