Last Updated on July 1, 2021 by Admin 2
220-1002 : CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 2 : Part 02
Joe, a customer, has informed a Tier 2 help desk technician that a computer will not boot up. After about ten minutes of troubleshooting, Joe is increasingly concerned and claims that the technician is wasting his time because he has already tried everything that has been suggested.
Which of the following should the technician do?
- Since Joe is concerned about time, suggest calling back later when Joe has more time to troubleshoot
- Record the call and send it to the local intranet for future technicians to learn how to deal with calls like this one
- Ask more open-ended questions to see if the issue can be narrowed down in order to properly identify the issue and save time
- Inform the customer that there is a troubleshooting script that must be followed to get the issue resolved
Which of the following security methods BEST describes when a user enters a username and password once for multiple applications?
- Permission propagation
A technician is setting up a kiosk. The technician needs to ensure the kiosk is secure and users will have access to only the application needed for customer interaction. The technician must also ensure that whenever the computer is rebooted or powered on it logs in automatically without a password.
Which of the following account types would the technician MOST likely set up on this kiosk machine?
- Power User
- Remote Desktop User
A technician has been asked to recommend antivirus software for a home PC, but the user does not want to pay for a license.
Which of the following license types should the technician recommend?
- Open license
- Personal license
- Corporate license
- Enterprise license
Joe, a systems administrator, is setting up a risk management plan for the IT department. Part of the plan is to take daily backups of all servers. The server backups will be saved locally to NAS.
Which of the following can Joe do to ensure the backups will work if needed?
- Frequently restore the servers from backup files and test them
- Configure the backups to restore to virtual machines for quick recovery
- Set up scripts that automatically rerun failed backup jobs
- Set up alerts to let administrators know when backups fail
- Store copies of the backups off-side in a secure datacenter
A SOHO customer has recently experienced a major hurricane. The customer has no backups and has lost all data and hardware associated with the company. The customer calls a contractor to assist in the rebuilding process and needs suggestions on the best way to prevent this from happening again.
Which of the following recommendations should the contractor give to the customer? (Choose two.)
- Backup testing
- Cloud storage
- Local storage backups
- Data recovery
- Hot site
- Waterproof devices
A technician is running updates on a Windows PC. Some of the updates install properly, while others appear as failed. While troubleshooting, the technician restarts the PC and attempts to install the failed updates again. The updates continue to fail.
Which of the following is the FIRST option to check?
- Visit the Microsoft Update website to see if there is an issue with a specific update
- Look up the error number associated with the failed update
- Look at the system Event Viewer to find more information on the failure
- Download the failed update to install manually
A technician needs to edit a protected .dll file but cannot find the file in the System32 directory.
Which of the following Control Panel utilities should the technician use?
- Folder Options
- Indexing Options
A technician has identified malware on a user’s system.
Which of the following should the technician do NEXT according to malware removal best practices?
- Enable System Restore and create a restore point so no data is lost
- Educate the user about how to avoid malware in the future
- Update the antivirus software and run a full system scan
- Move the infected system to a lab with no network connectivity
A user’s Windows laptop has become consistently slower over time. The technician checks the CPU utilization and sees that it varies between 95% and 100%. After the technician closes some running applications, the CPU utilization drops to approximately 20%, and the laptop runs much faster. The next day the same user calls again with the same problem.
Which of the following is a tool the technician can use to resolve the issue?
- Task Manager
A user is requesting a solution that will prevent file corruption and ensure a graceful shutdown while providing at least one hour of uptime in case of extreme weather conditions.
Which of the following should a technician recommend?
- Uninterruptible power supply
- Surge protector
- Power strip
- Power distribution unit
Which of the following installation types would require the use of an answer file to install the OS?
A Mac user’s operating system became corrupted, and files were deleted after malware was downloaded. The user needs to access the data that was previously stored on the MAC.
Which of the following built-in utilities should be used?
- Time Machine
- System Restore
- Boot Camp
A manager requests remote access to a server after hours and on weekends to check data. The manager insists on using the server.
Before granting the access, which of the following is the MOST important step a technician can take to protect against possible infection?
- Create a policy to remove Internet access from the server during off hours
- Set the local antivirus software on the server to update and scan daily
- Ensure the server is patched with the latest security updates
- Educate the manager on safe Internet browsing practices
A manager with a restricted user account receives the following error message:
Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running.
The manager contacts the help desk to report the error. A technician remotely connects to the user’s computer and identifies the problem.
Which of the following should the technician do NEXT?
- Reboot the computer
- Restart the network services
- Roll back the device drivers
- Rebuild the Windows profiles
A SOHO technician recently moved some data from one server to another to increase storage capacity. Several users are now reporting they cannot access certain shares on the network. When the users attempt to access the shares, they get the following error: Access Denied. The technician confirms the users are all in the proper security groups and have the proper access, but they are still unable to access the shares.
Which of the following are the MOST likely reasons for these issues? (Choose two.)
- Administrative share permissions
- Mapped drives
- Group Policy hours restriction
- Denied write/delete permissions
- Disabled proxy settings
With which of the following types is a man-in-the-middle attack associated?
- Brute force
An employee reported that a suspicious individual was looking through the recycle bin.
Which of the following types of social engineering threats is this?
- Spear phishing
- Dumpster diving
A SOHO user reports desktop applications are performing slowly, and no emails have been received all morning. A technician remotes in and determines Internet pages load slowly or not at all, CPU performance is normal, and the local router can successfully ping. The remote connection drops periodically.
Which of the following steps should the technician take NEXT to resolve the problem?
- Reboot into safe mode, uninstall the latest OS update, and run a repair on the OS
- Update the antivirus software, run an antivirus scan, verify the browser settings, and check all email settings
- Reboot to BIOS setup, verify the TPM is enabled, and start a System Restore from safe mode
- Send a test email, open a command prompt to check the file system, and empty the browser cache
An employee is unable to view in-office network folders while working at home.
Which of the following is the MOST likely cause of the problem?
- Untrusted software
- Outdated antivirus
- MDM policies
- Inactive VPN