Last Updated on July 3, 2021 by Admin 3
220-1001 : CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 1 : Part 19
A laptop is overheating. A technician checks that the laptop is clean and free from dust buildup. Which of the following should the technician check NEXT?
- If the CPU heat sink is seated properly
- If all system fans are functioning
- If the PSU is working properly
- If the cooling management policy is correct
A technician receives a laptop due to its low performance and intermittent S.M.A.R.T. errors on boot up. Which of the following is the NEXT step the technician should take to diagnose the issue?
- Low-level format the existing drive.
- Repair the OS installation on the existing drive.
- Immediately replace the failing drive.
- Copy the user’s profile folder to an external drive.
A developer wants to be able to run a virtual machine on a desktop for application testing. Which of the following should a technician implement to complete this request?
- Thin client
- Remote desktop
- Type 2 hypervisor
A user receives a replacement modem/router combination device from an ISP and plugs it in. A laptop connected to the router via WiFi receives an address in the 192.168.0.x range but is unable to access the Internet. Which of the following would MOST likely resolve the problem?
- Upgrade the network drivers on the laptop.
- Change the laptop from a wireless to a wired connection.
- Register the new cable modem MAC address with the ISP.
- Update the password on the wireless connection.
Which of the following should be considered FIRST when upgrading the power supply on a high-end gaming PC?
- Wattage rating
- PSU redundancy
- Cooling fans
- 20+4 pin adapter
Which of the following allows several VMs to run on a single host?
- Resource pooling
- On demand
- Measured service
A user is having difficulty using a personal all-in-one printer. When the user scans a single-page document in flatbed mode, the scan appears correctly; however, when using the printer’s document feeder, the scan has a vertical line going across the page. Which of the following should a technician perform FIRST to resolve this issue?
- Replace the printer’s ADF.
- Install a pickup roller replacement kit.
- Clean the separation pad.
- Use a microfiber cloth to clean the glass.
A technician needs to configure a high-end workstation with four hard drives for redundancy. The customer wants the end result to have the highest capacity possible but sill have the ability to survive a drive failure. Which of the following RAID levels should the technician configure to accomplish this?
- RAID 0
- RAID 1
- RAID 5
- RAID 10
A technician receives a smartphone that has been experiencing screen-related issues. The display is barely visible, and the battery indicates the charge level is very low. The technician connects the device to a power source, but the screen remains dim. Which of the following should the technician perform FIRST to resolve the issue?
- Enable airplane mode on the smartphone.
- Reset the smartphone to factory settings.
- Manually restart the smartphone.
- Remove and reinsert the smartphone’s battery.