Last Updated on July 1, 2021 by Admin 3
220-1001 : CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 1 : Part 08
Which of the following is used to connect a headset to a laptop?
An end user reports a Windows based PC just had a BSOD. The PC rebooted, and the user is now logged back in and working without any issues. Which of the following should a technician check FIRST to begin troubleshooting?
- Hard drive S.M.A.R.T. data
- Event Viewer
- Device Manager
- BIOS settings
- Performance Monitor
A user calls the help desk stating a laptop is performing slowly and the hard drive activity lights are blinking continuously. A technician checks for enough hard drive space, disables antivirus and indexing services, and runs a full-system diagnostics check, which returns no failure. Which of the following should the technician do NEXT?
- Install a new hard drive
- Check for hard-drive firmware updates
- Replace the hard drive with a solid state drive
- Configure the laptop in high-performance mode
- Change the boot order in the system BIOS
Which of the following IEEE 802.11 standards includes the use of MIMO technology?
A technician needs to give users the ability to transfer files between mobile devices. The technician teaches the staff how to use a file transfer method in which the devices need to be in close proximity with line-of-sight access to each other. Which of the following technologies is the technician teaching to the staff?
A user reports a laserjet printer is not printing properly. A technician prints a test page and notices the toner is smeared on the page. The technician confirms the toner cartridge is installed correctly and the paper in the tray is the right size. Which of the following printer components is the MOST likely cause of the problem?
A customer is using a cloud storage program that maintains a copy of local files on the cloud storage servers. The WiFi network is not very fast, and the customer uses bandwidth-intensive video streaming all day. Which of the following parameters should be adjusted to keep the cloud storage program from using too much bandwidth?
- Synchronization settings
- Wireless settings
- Video streaming settings
- QoS settings
Which of the following connector types is MOST appropriate to use to connect a SOHO cable modem to the ISP?
A technician configures a new printer to be accessible via a print server. After setting up the printer on a Windows client machine, the printer prints normally. However, after setting up the printer on a macOS client machine, the printer only prints garbled text. Which of the following should the technician do to resolve this issue?
- Add a macOS-compatible print driver to the printet object on the print server.
- Configure the Windows client to share the printer with the macOS client.
- Set the printer on the macOS client to connect to the print server via IPv6.
- Ensure the network time of the macOS client matches that of the print server.
A user received the following error message while trying to access a shared drive: Network Path was Not Found. Which of the following should be performed to resolve the issue? (Choose two.)
- Set the NIC to full duplex.
- Disable the local firewall.
- Reset the TCP/IP stack.
- Disable the Ethernet adapter.
- Use static IP addressing instead of DHCP.
- Flush the DNS cache.
A client brings in a smartphone with a cracked screen to be repaired. During the repair process, the technician places the screws in a small container to prevent losing them. The technician tests the replacement screen to ensure it works property before closing the device. Once the device is back together, however it does not power on.
- Label the locations of the screws.
- Refer to manufacturer resources.
- Document the orientation of the cables.
- Use the appropriate hand tools.
A technician is setting up a new SOHO router for a home user. The user has a media server to be accessible from the Internet while the user is traveling.
Which of the following should the technician configure to allow access to the server from the Internet?
- Port forwarding
- MAC filtering
Users report they have to select the output tray at the printer, even though the correct tray is selected in the print dialog.
Which of the following should a technician perform FIRST to attempt to solve the problem?
- Check the user’s account for the correct printing privileges.
- Reinstall the driver on the print server.
- Update the firmware on the commercial office printer.
- Run Windows Update on the affected computers.
A technician is setting up a laptop and projector for a presentation. When plugging in the projector, it mirrors the desktop screen from the laptop, but everything appears distorted and compressed.
Which of the following should the technician do to correct the appearance of the image on the projector?
- Update the laptop graphics driver.
- Change the scaling options.
- Change the desktop resolution.
- Replace the video cable.
- Utilize a USB VGA graphics adapter.
- Adjust the keystone settings on the projector.
A technician wants to set up a virtual machine in a public cloud environment.
Which of the following cloud models should the technician use?
A corporation maintains an active social media presence by constantly uploading audio and video. The corporation also regularly hosts video conferences, but attendees are reporting buffering during their telecast.
Which of the following should the IT department do to improve the ability to attend video conferences without interruption?
- Enable QoS on network traffic, prioritizing telecast traffic over uploads.
- Upgrade video conference room equipment.
- Create a VLAN for all employees updating social media.
- Adjust the network intrusion device to allow video to flow without filtering.
Which of the following has a P4 connector to provide a 12V output?
- Molex connector
- 24-pin adapter
- SCSI cable
- eSATA cable
An administrator connects to the company’s cloud account and builds a server that is hosted in the cloud. The server will be used as a confidential database server for one of the company’s core applications. The administrator is responsible for patching and updating the server OS.
Which of the following cloud models is this an example of?
A systems administrator wants to take advantage of the benefits of the major cloud providers while retaining some data and services in the local datacenter.
Which of the following types of cloud model should the administrator consider?
A user reports being unable to browse the Internet. A technician believes the cause of the issue is related to DNS.
Which of the following should the technician perform NEXT?
- Test the theory by attempting to browse to a website’s known IP address.
- Implement preventive measures by manually assigning a DNS server to the PC.
- Identify the problem by running the command ipconfig /flushdns.
- Document the findings in the organization’s local knowledge base.