Last Updated on July 1, 2021 by Admin 3
220-1001 : CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 1 : Part 07
A technician needs to call a user’s cellular provider to troubleshoot a network speed issue with the user’s mobile device. Which of the following technologies is the technician troubleshooting?
- Long-term evolution
- Near-field communication
- Radio frequency ID
About one week ago, access to files on a network server became significantly slower. Today, network files are completely unavailable. A technician is able to make a remote connection to the server. Which of the following should the technician check NEXT?
- RAID 5 array
- NIC configuration
- Available storage space
- RAM utilization
An employee’s mobile device no longer charges, and the employee believes the battery is bad. A technician tests the mobile device and finds it will charge on a wireless charging pad but not when it is connected to a charging cable. Other devices charge without issue when the cable is used. Which of the following should the technician perform FIRST to resolve the issue?
- Clean out the charging port on the device
- Replace the mobile device’s battery
- Issue a new charging cable to the employee
- Send the device for service and give the employee a loaner
A customer contacts the help desk stating a laptop does not remain charged for more than 30 minutes and will not charge more than 15%. Which of the following components are the MOST likely causes the issue? (Choose three.)
- LCD power inverter
- AC adapter
- VGA card
- Backlit keyboard
- Wireless antenna
Which of the following connects a PC to its default gateway?
- Cable modem
Which of the following devices can utilize VLANs to secure networks?
After upgrading a smartphone’s OS, Joe, a user, reports the smartphone no longer connects to his automobile automatically when near it. Joe restarts the smartphone, but the problem persists. Which of the following should a technician do NEXT to restore the previous functionality?
- Connect the smartphone to the automobile via USB
- Reenable the smartphone’s Bluetooth radio
- Perform a rollback of the smartphone’s OS
- Enable airplane mode and then disable airplane mode
Joe, a user, sets up an IMAP connection on his smartphone to connect to webmail. Joe is able to view email, but he receives an error message when trying to send a message. When viewing the mail client’s configuration, Joe sees a valid SMTP server and port. Which of the following should Joe check NEXT to resolve the issue?
- Configure the email account as a POP3 connection
- Ensure the SSL/TLS option is being used
- Check that the account password is still valid
- Make sure the smartphone is not in airplane mode
A user is connected to a docking station with an optical drive and is trying to back up personal files to removable media, but is encountering write errors. Which of the following is MOST likely cause of the errors?
- The disk has already been finalized
- The files are encrypted
- There is a corrupt file on the hard drive
- The files are not compatible with the type of disk used
A technician is configuring a new web server and must have over 10TB of fault-tolerant storage, while minimizing the number of failure points. The applications on the server also require the highest performance available. Which of the following configurations would the technician MOST likely select?
- RAID 0 with 15000rpm 15TB drives
- RAID 1 with 10000rpm 8TB drives
- RAID 5 with 7200rpm 5TB drives
- RAID 10 with 5400rpm 6TB drives
A user has reported application connectivity problems to the network administrator. The network administrator knows there have been firewall configuration changes recently by a security vendor and believes the issue could be related to a port being closed on the firewall. Which of the following should the network administrator do NEXT?
- See if the same application fails on another workstation
- Go into the firewall and open the port
- Verify system functionality on the user’s workstation
- Document the issue for future reference
Joe, a user, reports that his new smart wearable device is not synchronizing to his mobile device. Both devices are powered on, but the mobile device fails to read the data from the wearable. Which of the following will MOST likely fix this issue?
- Pair the devices
- Set the SSID
- Update the smart wearable device firmware
- Enable NFC
A technician is troubleshooting a WiFi issues with a laptop user in a corporate office. The user can connect to web pages without trouble; however, the user cannot connect to the email server or print a locally stored document to the network printer. The technician cannot ping the mail server or the network printer. No other users are experiencing this issue. Which of the following is MOST likely causing the issue?
- The laptop has an APIPA address
- The laptop is configured to the wrong default gateway
- The laptop is connected to the guest WiFi
- The laptop is configured with a static IP
Which of the following cloud computing concepts facilities automated server deployment?
Which of the following connector types can be plugged into a device both right-side up and upside down?
A network administrator would like to increase network bandwidth to 1Gbps between two office buildings that are 0.5mi(805m) apart. Which of the following would be the BEST solution?
- Cat 6
A user is experiencing issues synchronizing a smartphone. The user is able to connect to individual services, but each requires a different password. Which of the following needs to be configured to allow the user to access web services securely with a unique password?
An end user is unable to connect to the network, and a technician has visually verified the lights on the back of the PC are active and there is no physical damage to the Ethernet jack. Which of the following tools should the technician use to continue troubleshooting the connection?
- Punchdown tool
- Tone generator and probe
- Cable tester
The graphics department has an issue with printing certain files. The printer does not print the complete image on larger files. A technician verifies the network speed of the printer is set to 1GB and that regular text files print without issue. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause of this problem?
- The printer needs more RAM
- The print server is timing out
- The users are not printing in post-script mode
- The printer network connection is set to half duplex
Which of the following requires less current to provide the same amount of power to devices inside a PC?