Last Updated on June 13, 2022 by Admin
CLF-C01 : AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner : Part 15
What does AWS Marketplace allow users to do? (Choose two.)
- Sell unused Amazon EC2 Spot Instances.
- Sell solutions to other AWS users.
- Buy third-party software that runs on AWS.
- Purchase AWS security and compliance documents.
- Order AWS Snowball.
What does it mean if a user deploys a hybrid cloud architecture on AWS?
- All resources run using on-premises infrastructure.
- Some resources run on-premises and some run in a colocation center.
- All resources run in the AWS Cloud.
- Some resources run on-premises and some run in the AWS Cloud.
Which AWS service allows users to identify the changes made to a resource over time?
- Amazon Inspector
- AWS Config
- AWS Service Catalog
- AWS IAM
How can a company reduce its Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) using AWS?
- By minimizing large capital expenditures
- By having no responsibility for third-party license costs
- By having no operational expenditures
- By having AWS manage applications
AWS helps you reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by reducing the need to invest in large capital expenditures and providing a pay-as-you-go model that empowers you to invest in the capacity you need and use it only when the business requires it.
Which activity is a customer responsibility in the AWS Cloud according to the AWS shared responsibility model?
- Ensuring network connectivity from AWS to the internet
- Patching and fixing flaws within the AWS Cloud infrastructure
- Ensuring the physical security of cloud data centers
- Ensuring Amazon EBS volumes are backed up
What are the advantages of the AWS Cloud? (Choose two.)
- Fixed rate monthly cost
- No need to guess capacity requirements
- Increased speed to market
- Increased upfront capital expenditure
- Physical access to cloud data centers
When comparing the total cost of ownership (TCO) of an on-premises infrastructure to a cloud architecture, what costs should be considered? (Choose two.)
- The credit card processing fees for application transactions in the cloud.
- The cost of purchasing and installing server hardware in the on-premises data.
- The cost of administering the infrastructure, including operating system and software installations, patches, backups, and recovering from failures.
- The costs of third-party penetration testing.
- The advertising costs associated with an ongoing enterprise-wide campaign.
Which AWS feature allows a company to take advantage of usage tiers for services across multiple member accounts?
- Service control policies (SCPs)
- Consolidated billing
- All Upfront Reserved Instances
- AWS Cost Explorer
What is one of the customer’s responsibilities according to the AWS shared responsibility model?
- Virtualization infrastructure
- Network infrastructure
- Application security
- Physical security of hardware
What helps a company provide a lower latency experience to its users globally?
- Using an AWS Region that is central to all users
- Using a second Availability Zone in the AWS Region that is using used
- Enabling caching in the AWS Region that is being used
- Using edge locations to put content closer to all users
How can the AWS Cloud increase user workforce productivity after migration from an on-premises data center?
- Users do not have to wait for infrastructure provisioning.
- The AWS Cloud infrastructure is much faster than an on-premises data center infrastructure.
- AWS takes over application configuration management on behalf of users.
- Users do not need to address security and compliance issues.
Which AWS service provides a quick and automated way to create and manage AWS accounts?
- AWS QuickSight
- Amazon Lightsail
- AWS Organizations
- Amazon Connect
Which Amazon RDS feature can be used to achieve high availability?
- Multiple Availability Zones
- Amazon Reserved Instances
- Provisioned IOPS storage
- Enhanced monitoring
Amazon RDS provides high availability and failover support for DB instances using Multi-AZ deployments. Amazon RDS uses several different technologies to provide failover support. Multi-AZ deployments for Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MariaDB DB instances use Amazon’s failover technology. SQL Server DB instances use SQL Server Database Mirroring (DBM).
Where should users report that AWS resources are being used for malicious purposes?
- AWS Abuse team
- AWS Shield
- AWS Support
- AWS Developer Forums
Which AWS service needs to be enabled to track all user account changes within the AWS Management Console?
- AWS CloudTrail
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS)
- VPC Flow Logs
- AWS CloudHSM
AWS CloudTrail is a service that enables governance, compliance, operational auditing, and risk auditing of your AWS account. With CloudTrail, you can log, continuously monitor, and retain account activity related to actions across your AWS infrastructure. CloudTrail provides event history of your AWS account activity, including actions taken through the AWS Management Console, AWS SDKs, command line tools, and other AWS services. This event history simplifies security analysis, resource change tracking, and troubleshooting. In addition, you can use CloudTrail to detect unusual activity in your AWS accounts. These capabilities help simplify operational analysis and troubleshooting.
What is an AWS Cloud design best practice?
- Tight coupling of components
- Single point of failure
- High availability
- Overprovisioning of resources
Which of the following is an example of how moving to the AWS Cloud reduces upfront cost?
- By replacing large variable costs with lower capital investments
- By replacing large capital investments with lower variable costs
- By allowing the provisioning of compute and storage at a fixed level to meet peak demand
- By replacing the repeated scaling of virtual servers with a simpler fixed-scale model
AWS does not require minimum spend commitments or long-term contracts. You replace large upfront expenses with low variable payments that only apply to what you use. With AWS you are not bound to multi-year agreements or complicated licensing models.
When designing a typical three-tier web application, which AWS services and/or features improve availability and reduce the impact failures? (Choose two.)
- AWS Auto Scaling for Amazon EC2 instances
- Amazon VPC subnet ACLs to check the health of a service
- Distributed resources across multiple Availability Zones
- AWS Server Migration Service (AWS SMS) to move Amazon EC2 instances into a different Region
- Distributed resources across multiple AWS points of presence
Which cloud design principle aligns with AWS Cloud best practices?
- Create fixed dependencies among application components
- Aggregate services on a single instance
- Deploy applications in a single Availability Zone
- Distribute the compute load across multiple resources
Use load balancing for offloading encryption termination (TLS) to improve performance and to manage and route traffic effectively. Distribute traffic across multiple resources or services to allow your workload to take advantage of the elasticity that AWS provides.
Which of the following are recommended practices for managing IAM users? (Choose two.)
- Require IAM users to change their passwords after a specified period of time
- Prevent IAM users from reusing previous passwords
- Recommend that the same password be used on AWS and other sites
- Require IAM users to store their passwords in raw text
- Disable multi-factor authentication (MFA) for IAM users